old crow fans Forum Index

<  Live  ~  Pittsburgh, PA - 10/6/06 - Reviews

jmkotuby
Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:45 am Reply with quote
Lil' Birdie Joined: 19 Oct 2005 Posts: 9 Location: Pittsburgh, PA
As usual, the boys didn't disappoint here in Pittsburgh! Very Happy I swear they must have played for 2 1/2 - 3 hours. After the show, I got to talk to Willie, Critter, and Morgan for a little bit while they were putting away their gear and I was waiting for the crowd to disperse. I think it's really nice how they acknowledge their fans. Critter gets cuter every time I see him! I felt like I was gonna give him a complex because I was staring so much at him while they were playing! Shocked Thanks guys, for another rockin' show in Pittsburgh!!

-Jodi
katie_dear
Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 15 Feb 2006 Posts: 115 Location: Pittsburgh
I agree with you, Jodi. The guys certainly didn't disappoint. It was an amazing show! Plus, I got to stand right in front of Critter the whole time! I was determined to get in the front row, and I arrived at the theater extra early just for that reason. I'm so jealous you got to talk to them afterwards. I noticed Willie sitting on the edge of the stage after the concert, talking to fans and signing things for them. He seemed like a really nice guy. I also admire them for taking the time to meet their fans... that seems to be a rarity with bands today.

This was my first Old Crow show, and definitely not my last. As soon as I got home Friday night, I booked a trip to Chicago to see them Nov. 10. I just wish the Pittsburgh show would've been earlier on the tour.... Then I would've known for myself ahead of time how incredible they are live, and would've gone to as many shows as possible! Oh well, there's always next year, and the year after that.... Very Happy
jmkotuby
Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Katie, I was right behind you, a couple people back! Last year I was right in front of Critter and he gave me a pick!

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Apparently the spot right in front of Critter is a prime location... people kept trying to take it from me. The only truly bad part was that drunken lady to my right who repeatedly shouted to him how much she loved him. Poor guy! He probably gets that a lot, though.

You got to meet them and you got a pick from Critter... the jealousy continues to grow... Shocked Are you planning to see any other shows on this tour?
jmkotuby
Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:13 pm Reply with quote
I wish I could afford to travel to several shows, but then again, they'd probably get sick of seeing my face! Rolling Eyes Honestly, if there were any shows left that were closer, I'd make a roadtrip (or two)!

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 04 Oct 2006 Posts: 508 Location: The Otherside
They don't play in my nabourhood..
katie_dear
Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Where's your neighborhood, Simon?