old crow fans Forum Index

<  Live  ~  St. Louis, MO - 11/17/06 - Review

cincygrassgrl
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:56 am Reply with quote
Lil' Birdie Joined: 09 Dec 2004 Posts: 49 Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Anyone going to St. Louis!?!?!? I am so excited, this is my first show this year....I moved from Ohio and this year they were all over that state....now I am in southern illinois and about 3-4 hours from everywhere...just not close enough to them.......i think this will be my 10th show! I can't wait!!!! I am going to http://www.morganstreetbrewery.com/ before the show for beers if anyone wants to meet up?!

April
acommoncold
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:47 am Reply with quote
Lil' Birdie Joined: 30 Jun 2006 Posts: 14 Location: Carbondale, Illinois
I'll be there! This is actually the shortest drive to an OCMS show for me. We're in Carbondale, IL....which is only about an hour and a half away. I'll have to see if everyone wants to stop by Morgan Street....the drinks are so damn expensive, though!
cincygrassgrl
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:54 pm Reply with quote
we are in carbondale too!!!! are you going with Anne Corbin?????
airtoolking
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Lil' Birdie Joined: 17 Nov 2006 Posts: 1 Location: ilinois
[quote="cincygrassgrl"]Anyone going to St. Louis!?!?!? I am so excited, this is my first show this year....I moved from Ohio and this year they were all over that state....now I am in southern illinois and about 3-4 hours from everywhere...just not close enough to them.......i think this will be my 10th show! I can't wait!!!! I am going to http://www.morganstreetbrewery.com/ before the show for beers if anyone wants to meet up?!

Coming in from Decatur Il. ready to raise it tonight!!
acommoncold
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:53 pm Reply with quote
nope, not going with her, but the name sounds familiar for some reason. hell, it's carbondale...everybody knows each other, so i'm sure i've met her before. either way, it's good to see some fellow crow fans in the area!
cholla76
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 26 Oct 2005 Posts: 133
Anxious to hear some feedback from last nights show... Photos, setlist, stories.. how was it?!!
acommoncold
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quote
The set list was basically a copy of the show in Lawrence, but I don't remember a second encore/Shack #9. Some feedback squeals here and there, and two string breaks for Willie in a row. They didn't really talk too much...Ketch mentioned the Cardinals win with some news about STL being the most dangerous city and Kevin said that "the money was worth" coming to STL after the feedback problem. I'm not a smoker, but I did notice signs posted EVERYWHERE about the band designating the venue non-smoking for the night. The few other times that I've seen them, Willie always had a cigarette lit backstage. Not sure what that was about, but it was a smaller club and, at times, gets pretty hazy. Anybody else notice the signs at other shows?
cincygrassgrl
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:02 pm Reply with quote
The show was great, with the exception of a bunch of obnoxious people in the crowd...I haven't seen the crows since Dixon, TN last year, boy have things changed.....wow....the music was still phenomenal....the setlist I would have to say was identical to the Lawrence show....with the exception of the encores.....they didn't play Shack #9 and they played another song I can't remember.....the Frankie and Johnny was a great song....I had a good time but might go for more seated venues next time to enjoy the music and not have beer bottles dropped on my feet and people holding conversations in my ear during songs.....it definitely wasn't the bristol, knoxville, louisville crowd....my overall favorite show so far has to be the one at the Southgate House in Newport KY......best ever....they played Old Molly Hare at that show...loved it...

don't get me wrong, i loved the show, the fans loved it, good to see people enjoying themselves....but it was a little less enjoyable because of the crowd....
M@@NSHINER
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 31 Oct 2006 Posts: 89 Location: North Caroline Shack # 9
Yeah, that really sucks when people are there just to talk and drink...They are not there for the music....It really makes it hard to hear the band esp. since Old Crow does not use any power other than the mics. I wish that those people would just stay home, or hit the bar instead of the show.