old crow fans Forum Index

<  Live  ~  Indianapolis, IN - 11/15/06 - Setlist, Reviews, Photos

Overalls
Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Lil' Birdie Joined: 01 Sep 2005 Posts: 34
Coundn't go & been waitin round for the post all day. Somebody bring it on please! Thanks in advance.
cholla76
Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 26 Oct 2005 Posts: 133
Incredible show!!!...... kayak girl has the setlist and KILLER photos i know she will be posting for ya all soon... CC rider and Elkhorn ridge made my night! willie is quick at changin' strings I will say that.... I love how ketch does his homework... givin shots out to all things hoosier.... He introduced morgan as John Dillenger, Ketch was introduced as Bobby Knight... and I was hoping someone else could refresh my pale aled memory as to what other Hoosier names ketch used to introduce them?

They cracked jokes about the strip mall scene... we threw a "treat" on stage as they were breaking after their 1st set, willie put it in his mouth and walked off smiling.... as they closed Ketch gave a shot out to the Indiana Home Grown.. ah yeahh.. the crowd was courteous... It was nice to not be pushed and crammed as i was at the HOB....
I'll post my photos soon!! their tour bus looks fucking sweet.. they are most certainly moving up in the world.... hope they are getting some much needed rest on that rig.... critter and moragn we chatty after the show.... more later.... off to see gillian and dave tonight!
Jane
Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 24 Oct 2006 Posts: 138 Location: Ohio
I can't wait to see the pictures! Were you guys front and center? I think we saw you - we were right in front of Critter (who was introduced as Indiana Jones. I don't remember any of the others).
cholla76
Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Jane wrote:
I can't wait to see the pictures! Were you guys front and center? I think we saw you - we were right in front of Critter (who was introduced as Indiana Jones. I don't remember any of the others).

Now I remember IN jones.... hahaa. We were in front of Ketch, just a bit left off center... 2nd row back, it was a fantastic show as usual.... Was Larry bird one of them?? I bet Wicked strings, Bopanic, and/or kayak girl can help us in remembering the rest.....
Indiana Girl
Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 28 Aug 2006 Posts: 433 Location: A flatlandah in NH
I was there as well last night. It was my first Crow concert and I've been waiting a long time! I didn't think it could have been any better. I was pleased with the venue and amazed that I didn't get pushed and shoved or spilled on! People were really nice. I was able to see the entire time (I'm only 5', so I didn't expect it). We had a perfect view of Ketch. Made me want to take up the fiddle again.
Simply AMAZING!! I think I got my husband hooked too. They called for Greencastle and I think I was one of the only ones screaming! Smile
NiknJen
Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 18 Nov 2004 Posts: 108 Location: Mattoon, Illinois
What time did they start?

My wife and I had started over but decided that we would be to late if they started at 8:00. With our late start, time change and crappy weather it would have been around 9:30 or 10:00 by the time we got there.
bopanic
Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:40 pm Reply with quote
*King of da Vuld* Joined: 04 Dec 2005 Posts: 4190 Location: Nashville, TN
they went on right at 8:30pm and with one set break and one encore break they were off by 10:40pm

bout to postem pics. hang one a sec.
bopanic
Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:48 pm Reply with quote
cholla76 wrote:
Jane wrote:

Now I remember IN jones.... hahaa. We were in front of Ketch, just a bit left off center... 2nd row back, it was a fantastic show as usual.... Was Larry bird one of them?? I bet Wicked strings, Bopanic, and/or kayak girl can help us in remembering the rest.....

larry bird was not one of them, i was thinking they would use that one as well. i cant think of the other 3 right now maybe they will hit me again.

i saw that treat that yall tossed up there. i wanted to grab it for myslef since i flew in and couldnt bring my own treats. ha

cholla did you keep up with the set list? i dont have it in order but can post most all the songs. let me know! by the way cholla i saw you over in front of ketch was gonna come by and say hey, but just got caught up after the gig. talking with critter and morgan. which looks like you did as well. oh by the way monica the merch lady is a hoot! that gal is really nice. seem to end up talking with her for a long while after each gig.

she says after the UK run in jan. (which may not be announced yet) the boys are coming back to the states and starting her off in florida and moving there way around the US for some more dates. cant wait to see what all they are.

morgan was saying after the UK run they will be back in the states. but he didnt know where all they would be playing. only time will tell.

ok ok ill finally put up the pics. they are done uploading.
bopanic
Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:55 pm Reply with quote
set # 1 (of course the ? means they just played what they wanted on the spot) thanks to critter for the setlists!

set # 2 (they played way more than the 6 songs on here) the just winged it on stage.

me and morgan after the gig

and finally a couple pics of the boys (im sure cholla and kayak girl have better pics but these 2 are ok. sorry kevin couldnt get ya in there. my angle was a little off. ha

WickedStrings
Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Lil' Birdie Joined: 25 Aug 2006 Posts: 20 Location: Southern Indiana
Lets see, I forgot what Kevin was, Morgan was John Dellinger, Willie was David Lee Roth, Critter was Indiana Jones, and Ketch was Bob Knight. Great show! This has been like my sixth show and I still haven't got the chance to meet the guys though :(. Pretty bumbed about that, but then again I still have Louisville to look forward to.
kayakgrl
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Tearin' it Down Joined: 13 Sep 2005 Posts: 208 Location: IN

First set they also played Frankie and Johnny and CC Rider. Second set they played Are You From Dixie? Encore was Goin' to Acapulco and Shack #9.

Last edited by kayakgrl on Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
kayakgrl
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Tearin' it Down Joined: 13 Sep 2005 Posts: 208 Location: IN

razorsedge
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 16 Nov 2005 Posts: 585 Location: Chicago, Illinois
NICE!! Ketch is wearing my shirt again...i dont mean to be annoying....but I get stoked everytime i see him wear it. pretty cool.
Thanks for sharing the pics kayakgrl.....would it be okay if i used one of your pics to put up on my website? Thanks again.
Indiana Girl
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 28 Aug 2006 Posts: 433 Location: A flatlandah in NH
bopanic: I was standing right next to you when I was buying my t-shirt. You were chatting with the seller. Guess I should talk to more people! Could have met some of you.
cholla76
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:04 pm Reply with quote

Last edited by cholla76 on Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
therodge
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:36 pm Reply with quote
*Law Dog* Joined: 17 Oct 2004 Posts: 6602 Location: Nashville, Tennessee
cholla76 wrote:

My friend gave Critter the silly hat he is wearing ontop of his other hat... it says Crow's Slick Chick

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:06 pm Reply with quote
bopanic wrote:

What, no photo credit?! Ha ha... (I took that picture)

Great pics, guys, thanks for sharing!
cholla76
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Jane wrote:
bopanic wrote:

Great photo!! Would have been great to meet you jane, bopanic, wicked strings, IN girl..... always so much going on in there as u know..... glad you all had a great time! lol
bopanic
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:16 pm Reply with quote
kayakgrl wrote:

First set they also played Frankie and Johnny and CC Rider. Second set they played Are You From Dixie? Encore was Goin' to Acapulco and Shack #9.

nice setlists. wonder why critters set lists were different than these?

im assuming these came from ketch's side?

guess they just go with it on stage and play what they feel like playing.
bopanic
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Indiana Girl wrote:
bopanic: I was standing right next to you when I was buying my t-shirt. You were chatting with the seller. Guess I should talk to more people! Could have met some of you.

yeah, well im sure we will have the chance to meet again! like i said monica is great. get to chatting with her and youll get all kinds of good crow info. plus she lives in the great city of nashville!
bopanic
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Jane wrote:
bopanic wrote:

yes jane you get credit for that one for sure! get those up of you and morgan and you and critter that i took. and then shoot me some credit! ha
had a great time at the show with ya jane. will have to do it again! for sure!
Jane
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Hey everybody, here are the pictures that Bo took (oh, and by the way...I didn't blink after all, ha ha...):

And here's me and Bo, which was taken by a hippie with "Free Hugs" embroidered on her skirt. The hugs were, in fact, free.

Hey, I had a great time at the show with you too, Bo! We will definitely have to do it again!
bopanic
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:17 pm Reply with quote
GREAT pics jane! glad ya didnt blink. ha!
cholla76
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:43 am Reply with quote
Jane wrote:
Hey everybody, here are the pictures that Bo took (oh, and by the way...I didn't blink after all, ha ha...):

And here's me and Bo, which was taken by a hippie with "Free Hugs" embroidered on her skirt. The hugs were, in fact, free.

Hey, I had a great time at the show with you too, Bo! We will definitely have to do it again!

Great shots! I love that Crtitter still has that dorky hat on that we gave him in your photo.. hahah. Did you or Bo have issues with security trying to take your memory cards or delete your pix? We did... right after our photo with critter security came over and flipped on us!! We understood the no flash policy during the show per request of the band, but it was ridiculous for security to be such assholes with the aftershow photos WITH the band... The guys certainly did not mind!!
Jane
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:28 am Reply with quote
cholla76 wrote:
Great shots! I love that Crtitter still has that dorky hat on that we gave him in your photo.. hahah. Did you or Bo have issues with security trying to take your memory cards or delete your pix? We did... right after our photo with critter security came over and flipped on us!! We understood the no flash policy during the show per request of the band, but it was ridiculous for security to be such assholes with the aftershow photos WITH the band... The guys certainly did not mind!!

Yeah, I saw the security guard giving you guys a hard time - what a jerk! I had an ever-so-classy disposable camera, and the guard said he really didn't care about that, ha ha.