old crow fans Forum Index

<  Live  ~  Live photo section...aka flickr account

foxontherun
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:13 pm Reply with quote
*Call Me Foxxxy If'n Ya Nasty* Joined: 18 Dec 2004 Posts: 1079 Location: Lynchburg, VA USA
i set up a flickr account. our account is theoldcrowfans and if you want the password im me!
ima start moving some photos over there if everyone is good!

so http://www.flickr.com/photos/24823566@N04/

also, i chose flickr because its better then photobucket.

enjoy

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:40 am Reply with quote
*Mrs. Kitty* Joined: 23 Oct 2006 Posts: 2344 Location: Durham, NC
Awesome fox - - looks wonderful so far! So the password would allow us to upload our own photos... or what is that for?
foxontherun
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:29 am Reply with quote
*Call Me Foxxxy If'n Ya Nasty* Joined: 18 Dec 2004 Posts: 1079 Location: Lynchburg, VA USA
yea, if you have some photos you wanna upload, ill shoot ya the password. for some reason, i figured the people that take pictures are normally the same ones. and this way, instead of posting 20 pictures in a thread, we can post one or two of our favorites in the live section then the rest on the flickr account. save some room, i dunno. i things to be centralized i guess.

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:45 am Reply with quote
*Data Miner* Joined: 30 Jun 2007 Posts: 3427
I'm hopeful that folks will continue to put their live shots from a particular show in with that show's reviews and playlist and all. This new flickr account will be an additional easy access site for photos of all the shows. Right? Pretty please...

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quote
*Garfunkled* Joined: 22 Jan 2008 Posts: 1524 Location: Hokes Bluff AL.
i think itd work. its hard to find pix on the board without clicking every single post and page. can u embed pix from flikr on the board aka use them as a hosting site. that would kill 2 bushes with one bird.

thats just my 2 bushels..
therodge
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:41 am Reply with quote
*Law Dog* Joined: 17 Oct 2004 Posts: 6602 Location: Nashville, Tennessee
foxontherun wrote:
yea, if you have some photos you wanna upload, ill shoot ya the password. for some reason, i figured the people that take pictures are normally the same ones. and this way, instead of posting 20 pictures in a thread, we can post one or two of our favorites in the live section then the rest on the flickr account. save some room, i dunno. i things to be centralized i guess.

or in my case, 40 or 50 Embarassed Razz

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:50 am Reply with quote
*Johnny* Joined: 15 Sep 2006 Posts: 4268 Location: Pigg River District, Pittsylvania County, Virginia
kg wrote:
I'm hopeful that folks will continue to put their live shots from a particular show in with that show's reviews and playlist and all.

Me too... I'm keeping with tradition on this one...

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:24 am Reply with quote
Guest Joined: 13 Dec 2004 Posts: 1656
someone uploaded the pics i took from cains ballroom and it t'wert me......wierd
foxontherun
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:16 am Reply with quote
yea, im not trying to eliminate posting photos with the reviews, but alot of the shots are the same shot and what not, no criticism im just saying. all i wanted to do was be able to have all the photos a click away. no worry citizens, im all for posting pics with a show, im also going to try and seperate the ones on flickr into different shows. im just gettin started and i've got my MFAT exam this week, so its important for me to do wellon that, but once that clears up, ima spend more time on this. i might even use my domain to host them in different sections that will look better than the flickr. but for flickr it is.

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quote
brodank wrote:
someone uploaded the pics i took from cains ballroom and it t'wert me......wierd

i think fox is moving them from here so if they are on this forum somewhere he proly moved/copied them over.
foxontherun
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:23 am Reply with quote
OH! and im takin photos off the forum, and uploading them to the flickr. and if its ok, will continue to do so. i mean, if not, ill go back in my hole...at least i assume thats what your talkin about dank, someone uploaded them to the flickr...

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quote
*Irish Stew* Joined: 03 Oct 2007 Posts: 3666 Location: Joe's Cornfield
therodge wrote:
foxontherun wrote:

or in my case, 40 or 50 Embarassed Razz

This is great, fox - I must admit to zoning out on the recent Hackensaw and Avetts threads from having to load the photos again (and again) to read each reply Laughing

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:07 pm Reply with quote
*Johnny* Joined: 15 Sep 2006 Posts: 4268 Location: Pigg River District, Pittsylvania County, Virginia
That could be avoided if folks are careful not to quote whole posts. I go in from time to time and edit that stuff out - but usually just in the Live section, I don't mess with Off Topic.
And I got no problem with the project as I understand it -- you're taking copies of the photos over to this Flickr account and not "removing" them from the live section. Correct?

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:16 pm Reply with quote
*Mrs. Kitty* Joined: 23 Oct 2006 Posts: 2344 Location: Durham, NC
That is how I interpret the project Pittsy - though I could be wrong! I think it is kewl.... sorta a "best of the best" out there for anyone to search and find! Some of you already have beautiful mug shots up there already!
foxontherun
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:26 pm Reply with quote
pittsyltucky wrote:
That could be avoided if folks are careful not to quote whole posts. I go in from time to time and edit that stuff out - but usually just in the Live section, I don't mess with Off Topic.
And I got no problem with the project as I understand it -- you're taking copies of the photos over to this Flickr account and not "removing" them from the live section. Correct?

yea, im not deleting anything from here. just getting, as kitty so put it, a 'best of" from what we got and putting them in a central location.

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quote
The only problem I can foresee is someone wanting his or her photo credit.

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:36 pm Reply with quote
well if your gonna post them here.....
thats my thought. so ill PM everyone before i keep on moving tish around. if thats wht yal want.

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:45 pm Reply with quote
just note who's post they're originally from -- i got no probs with mine going up. i can't imagine anyone who posted them here would.

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:11 pm Reply with quote
I certainly wouldn't mind if you re-posted my photos elsewhere, but some people are funny. (I just wish I had photos that I could post! Maybe one day this year. When will the boys come north again..?)

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quote
as long as you put photo by Roger Blanton on my images, have at it!

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Charlie Joined: 06 Jul 2006 Posts: 896 Location: Ocean City, MD
kg wrote:
but some people are funny.

Two guys walk into a bar......

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:15 pm Reply with quote
aight guys, ill get on it. ill go ahead and mark yours rodge, and try to do the same for everyone else. even if i have to use your forum name for a temporary place holder.

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:30 pm Reply with quote
credit ON the photo?? if they are JPGs then re-saving them (for the purpose of adding the credit) will REcompress them, reducing the quality, rite?? maybe not enuff to matter but reduced non the less.
therodge
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quote
you dont have to put it on the acutal image... just in the info... das it and das all.

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:25 pm Reply with quote
yea i gotcha, tag em with your name. no problem. thanks everbody

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quote
*King of da Vuld* Joined: 04 Dec 2005 Posts: 4190 Location: Nashville, TN
eh fox, id love to get hold of that password! i got lots of good pics. most of which ive already posted on here, so you may have already snagged em?

would ya pm me the password? thanks!
bopanic
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:47 am Reply with quote
*King of da Vuld* Joined: 04 Dec 2005 Posts: 4190 Location: Nashville, TN
thanks fox!