old crow fans Forum Index

<  Willie Watson  ~  8/16/2012 - Belly Up Tavern Solona Beach, CA

bopanic
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:46 pm Reply with quote
*King of da Vuld* Joined: 04 Dec 2005 Posts: 4190 Location: Nashville, TN

Setlist (near 45 minutes)
Tell Me Sweet Lovin' Momma, How Ya Want It Done (bad ass!)
Mexico
Next Go Round
Angel
St. Stephen (not the GD version)
High Dice
Salt
Birmingham
Ways of Man
Dry Bones In The Valley

had a great time last night seeing Willie open for The Be Good Tanya's at the Belly Up Tavern in Solona Beach, CA. i happend to be in San Diego for work, so i made the trip north to see ole Willie play a great set. i was able to capture video of every song (except "Next Go Round") was going to run out of space on my memory card, so i passed on "Next" so i could snag all the other tunes.

going to post all the videos when i get back to Nashville from San Diego. left my macbook in the music city, and this work laptop is acting up when trying to upload these videos.

was able to hang with WW for a while last night, and i can report back saying that he is doing really well! still loving making music, and performing for folks. he plans to pick up a bass player for future touring, and has plans to record an album in the future. he also confirmed that he is joining the second Railroad Revival Tour, so yall get out there and catch him if ya can! i know he would appreciate all our oldcrowfans support as he moves forward with this new stage in his career.

Willie if ya come across this, appreciate the hospitality last night. had an awesome time brother! gonna hit the RRT stop in Memphis for sure.
ruralvoice
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Tearin' it Down Joined: 03 Jul 2006 Posts: 179 Location: Melbourne, FL
Bo, thanks for Willie's set list. I actually have a digital version of "Sweet Lovin' Moma How You Want it 'Done'" from his prior web site. I saved it back then as it was, as you say, "bad ass".

Hey if you want to go out and see him play, give me a heads up.

Barry
bopanic
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:50 pm Reply with quote
*King of da Vuld* Joined: 04 Dec 2005 Posts: 4190 Location: Nashville, TN
forgot to mention, but Willie sat in with The Be Good Tanya's on their song "The Littlest Birds" and then for the their encore they let Willie lead on "We're All In This Together", which was great to hear as always!
lbrod
Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quote
*Bloodshot Hot Rod* Joined: 02 Jul 2008 Posts: 1358 Location: Beneath Pacheco Pass
Thanks for the report, Bo. I may just have to catch the last stop of this year's train tour.