old crow fans Forum Index

<  Off Topic  ~  the everybodyfields

therodge
Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quote
*Law Dog* Joined: 17 Oct 2004 Posts: 6602 Location: Nashville, Tennessee
thanks for the heads up. I'm bringing ear plugs then. Lame i know but when your ears ring like that, it means permanent hearing damage... Confused :(

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:54 pm Reply with quote
*Mr. Lehman* Joined: 26 Oct 2006 Posts: 1102 Location: Asheville, NC
did you get to see the everybodyfields sunday rodge? or were you too beat down from your amazing show trip?

on a side note, a friend and i were talking old crow and the everybodyfields recently, and i came up with the idea that i would love to hear the ebf's do "we're all in this thing together" i thnk jill's voice would be perfect for this esepecailly with sam and josh coming in on harmony. gonna mention it to josh next time i see him.

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quote
*Law Dog* Joined: 17 Oct 2004 Posts: 6602 Location: Nashville, Tennessee
my body wouldn't let me go. I'm still pretty dead. I agree with them covering "WAITTT"... that would sound amazin

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Charlie Joined: 04 Apr 2007 Posts: 866 Location: MO Ozarks
I'm hearing very bad things, specifically regarding the Everybodyfields ceasing to exist as a band, with their 12/28 show with the Avetts being their last. They're releasing a new album in the spring, but a person on another forum said they spoke to Sam Quinn and he said he's releasing a solo album at the same time and will be touring in support of it. I guess Jill is getting married and settling down or some such. Sucks so bad if its true, she's an angel.

My good gal ain't no good to me
She makes true love more like misery"
rlove3
Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:40 pm Reply with quote
what???? they are playing thursday and friday night @ the downhome in johnson city. guess i'll have to try and make it to both shows.

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:07 am Reply with quote
i'll try and dig up the set lists online later, but all i have to say is WOW!!!!! they blew me away both nights. if it is true that they are calling it quits, its a damn shame because they brought it some kinda fierce.

*edit* i still haven't been able to find the set list posted online, but i did find a couple of vids of 2 of the new songs that blew me away

sam singing a gun

jill singing another man

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Charlie Joined: 04 Apr 2007 Posts: 866 Location: MO Ozarks
They're doin' their own things now. Here's an email I received from their mailing list:

well, these new things are growing.

jill and sam have added a few more shows in the coming months. but, before we get to that - make sure you don't miss sam quinn + japan ten's first show in bristol, tn this friday! it's at machiavelli's, and the show starts at 9pm. we hope you'll be there.

after that, sam + japan ten will have a couple more shows. they will be in charlotte, nc @ the visulite theater on march 5th, with jimmy brown. then, on the 6th, they will be in hickory, nc. the venue is to be determined, but as soon as we know something, we will post it.

for those of you who are curious about what sam has to say on his new band, and, well, a lot of other things... click here for an exclusive interview sam did with bristol rhythm & roots reunion. in true sam quinn fashion, it explains everything and nothing all at once.

jill has added another show, as well. she will be playing on the blue plate special on april 3rd (broadcast online here and on a couple of stations in East TN). this show will take place at the square room, not at the visitor's center. then, she will be at the glowing body later that night as part of a songwriters in the round series.

we hope you'll be there to support sam and jill in their new endeavors. and for those of you wondering, we hope to get the new everybodyfields' album out later this year.

love,
the everybodyfields

My good gal ain't no good to me
She makes true love more like misery"
atomicpope
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:09 am Reply with quote
Charlie Joined: 30 Sep 2009 Posts: 783 Location: Knawksville, TN
been on an everybodyfields kick lately. been uploading live shows like crazy at dimeadozen.

if anyone is interested in some of them, and can't torrent, I'm sure I an work out a way to get them to you.
Makinbacon
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 24 Sep 2008 Posts: 567 Location: Bacon's Castle, Virginia
I'm interested Atomicpope and I can torrent!

I just ordered Sam's 90 minute cassette tape he put out called To the feet of the gods.
Makinbacon
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 24 Sep 2008 Posts: 567 Location: Bacon's Castle, Virginia
atomicpope wrote:
if anyone is interested in some of them, and can't torrent, I'm sure I an work out a way to get them to you.

Me? Still?