old crow fans Forum Index

<  Other People's Projects  ~  Shameless Self-Promotion From Tyler Alderson!

TAlderson
Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 08 Aug 2008 Posts: 126 Location: Worcester, MA
Hey Guys,

This particular forum has not had some shameless self-promotion in a while, so I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring. I've just moved down to Durham, NC, and I'm trying to network a bit and hopefully pick up some gigs. But I'd also just like to get my music out there. I play a lot of traditional stuff, some covers, and sometimes slip in an original or two. I guess it's the "folk singer" approach... I also spent some time in Ireland, so I picked up some music there as well (it's a great place to do so).

I've got a new website here:

http://tyleraldersonmusic.com/

I'm trying to recording some stuff and throw it up there, right now what I have is a few songs from a gig I did last year (Irish stuff) and a few tracks I just recently recorded in my basement (partly inspired by having gone to see Willie a few weeks before, as you can tell by the song selection).

Anyway, I'd love it if you'd give 'em a listen, I'll be posting more up there as I go, and hopefully playing out in the coming weeks/months. I don't know if anyone here hosts house concerts, but I'm always up for doing something like that.

-Tyler
Kitty
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:22 am Reply with quote
*Mrs. Kitty* Joined: 23 Oct 2006 Posts: 2344 Location: Durham, NC
Welcome to Durham, Tyler!!! I love it here!!

I encourage you to chat with Sean at FullSteam brewery. Sundays are Olde Timey Fun Days and they often have people playing there. A real family friendly place.

Also, Growler Girlz, on my side of town, just started having music a few times a week. Just a couple of places that you can tap into.
The whistle knows my name
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:42 am Reply with quote
Thousandaire Joined: 21 Apr 2008 Posts: 1143
You, sir, are shameless. And I will give it a listen.

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips, Kitty, I'll check those places out. The area seems like a great place, lots of music going on and a nice vibe. I was busking down at the farmer's market today and did pretty well, people were very chatty and friendly, which is nice. Definitely will go back there next week, especially since I have learned that there is such a thing as a donut muffin.

-Tyler
TAlderson
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:38 am Reply with quote
Just confirmed that I'll be on the Blue Plate Special on WDVX January 31st! Anyone in the Knoxville area?
GumboStu
Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:38 am Reply with quote
*Irish Stew* Joined: 03 Oct 2007 Posts: 3666 Location: Joe's Cornfield
Nice gig! Have a good one Smile

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Hey guys,

I've just finished up a new album, and it's up for streaming and purchase on my website at http://tyleraldersonmusic.com/music. It was recorded at the Rubber Room in Chapell Hill, and features songs from America and Ireland. Let me know what you think!
atomicpope
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:21 am Reply with quote
Charlie Joined: 30 Sep 2009 Posts: 783 Location: Knawksville, TN
Was that you on the Blue Plate Special Saturday?

I stopped in for minute before the show and then stopped back by during the set. Seen three songs or so before heading back out. Had a relative from Los Angeles visiting for the first time and was showing him the sites.
TAlderson
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:01 pm Reply with quote
That was me (in the blue sweater)! Glad you could stop by for a bit, hope your relative liked the visit. I realized too late that I was wearing Carolina blue instead of Tennessee orange like everyone else, but didn't get too much flak for it...