old crow fans Forum Index

<  Live  ~  Ryman NYE 2023/24 with Willie Watson

therodge
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:57 pm Reply with quote
*Law Dog* Joined: 17 Oct 2004 Posts: 6602 Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Any of y'all going??

I am. This will be my first Old Crow show since 2020 when Willie played with them during lock-down. Or was that 2021?

Will be my first Old Crow NYE since 2017.

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Thousandaire Joined: 21 Apr 2008 Posts: 1143
Man, I really wish I had ripped that livestream. I'm working over NYE so I won't be able to go unfortunately, but I just bought tickets for the November 16th show with Willie in Chicago.

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:43 am Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 23 Mar 2007 Posts: 658 Location: Spindale, NC
Would love to go, would anyone be willing to watch my 7 month old twins?

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 18 Jan 2011 Posts: 80 Location: Livingston,Tn
Hello friends, long time no see. How was NYE Rodge? Sorry I missed with Willie. Not been to NYE show since 17 or 18.
therodge
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:22 am Reply with quote
*Law Dog* Joined: 17 Oct 2004 Posts: 6602 Location: Nashville, Tennessee
I actually sold my tickets and streamed the live video from home. We were in Knoxville and I started thinking about how wild downtown was going to be. Plus, I work at the Country Music Hall of Fame, down there, and the thought of parking in my work spot on my day off and dealing with all the craziness of Broadway made me stay home. Getting old I guess.

It was good. Willie played probably 4 songs with them. There was 1 song where Willie, Ketch, Morgan and Critter were huddled up and all the new guys in the band were letting them do their thing. It was a good glimpse into what we are missing out on. Still had the old school Old Crow magic.

It was great seeing those boys smiling and having a good time. As all of us, I would love to see more of THAT.

The rest of the show was solid. I'd try to be there next NYE if WW was there. He opening set was fantastic. Good ole authentic WW. Can't beat it.

That all being said, I've been wondering what to do with this site. Love seeing new posts but I probably only check it once a month. And seems like we get a post maybe once every 3 or 4 months. So many good times here. It doesn't cost much to keep it online, maybe $70 a year. So it's like do I keep this rusty old convertible in the back yard with a tree growing through the engine block, and look at it every once in awhile and think of the memories or do I let someone haul it off? I know we have issues with the forum hitting it's "bandwidth limit." Which I think the bots are doing that. Would take a lot to resolve that. No one uses forums much anyway. Facebook took the place of them. Anyway, have had these thoughts rattling around for a few years now. Thought I'd finally put them down here. What y'all think?

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:02 am Reply with quote
therodge wrote:
I actually sold my tickets and streamed the live video from home. We were in Knoxville and I started thinking about how wild downtown was going to be. Plus, I work at the Country Music Hall of Fame, down there, and the thought of parking in my work spot on my day off and dealing with all the craziness of Broadway made me stay home. Getting old I guess.

It was good. Willie played probably 4 songs with them. There was 1 song where Willie, Ketch, Morgan and Critter were huddled up and all the new guys in the band were letting them do their thing. It was a good glimpse into what we are missing out on. Still had the old school Old Crow magic.

It was great seeing those boys smiling and having a good time. As all of us, I would love to see more of THAT.

The rest of the show was solid. I'd try to be there next NYE if WW was there. He opening set was fantastic. Good ole authentic WW. Can't beat it.

That all being said, I've been wondering what to do with this site. Love seeing new posts but I probably only check it once a month. And seems like we get a post maybe once every 3 or 4 months. So many good times here. It doesn't cost much to keep it online, maybe $70 a year. So it's like do I keep this rusty old convertible in the back yard with a tree growing through the engine block, and look at it every once in awhile and think of the memories or do I let someone haul it off? I know we have issues with the forum hitting it's "bandwidth limit." Which I think the bots are doing that. Would take a lot to resolve that. No one uses forums much anyway. Facebook took the place of them. Anyway, have had these thoughts rattling around for a few years now. Thought I'd finally put them down here. What y'all think?

I actually understand if you do "haul it off." But I would hate to see it go. I don't know how many core members you still have, but I wouldn't mind chipping in.

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:37 am Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 16 Nov 2005 Posts: 585 Location: Chicago, Illinois
I probably haven't visited this site in over a year, it used to be the first site I checked every morning. It was a lot of fun in its heyday. I understand what you're saying about letting it go, Rodge. Really appreciate all the effort you put in over the years.

gvillebrowny
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 16 Jan 2006 Posts: 118 Location: Lake Guntersville, AL
I still come 'round occasionally. Haven't seen the Crows in years. They're actually in my neck of the woods this summer. Like, real close. There's a VIP package being offered with a band Q&A. Don't know if I'll make it out. I've kinda drifted away as I'm not a big fan of their new sound. Oh, well. I still have fond memories of this place.
old-mose-harper
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:48 am Reply with quote
gvillebrowny wrote:
I still come 'round occasionally. Haven't seen the Crows in years. They're actually in my neck of the woods this summer. Like, real close. There's a VIP package being offered with a band Q&A. Don't know if I'll make it out. I've kinda drifted away as I'm not a big fan of their new sound. Oh, well. I still have fond memories of this place.

2000 to ~2011 OCMS was a hell of ride. Just glad it happened.