old crow fans Forum Index

<  Music  ~  how i heard of old crow

texasgal
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 21 Mar 2006 Posts: 66 Location: Tyler Texas
I first heard of Old crow from my boyfriend. He was on vacation in Mt. View Arkansas with our friend Cole..(cole had already heard of them a little before that) and they heard that they were playing so they decided to go and listen to them. After the show they got to talk with them and after that its history. When my bf got back thats all he would listen to, and so everytime that i road with him it just kept growing on me. The first song that I got hooked on was Wagon Wheel. Everytime that i got in my bf truck I would ask him to play that said "rock me mama". After that I was totally hooked. I love me so Old Crow, and then I went to the concert last satuday and I had to join the fan club!! Very Happy

brodank
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Guest Joined: 13 Dec 2004 Posts: 1656
texasgal wrote:
He was on vacation in Mt. View Arkansas with our friend Cole..

we were at that show!
texasgal
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quote
really thats awesome! my boyfriend is on this site. he is Texasboy. and our friend Cole is on here too i think his name is something like thatexasboy... my bf and his family go to mt. view 2 a year. and cole has been going with them latley. thats crazy..maybe you have seen them before..they pic on the square with everyone...everyone says when they walk up to the square.."here comes them texas boys" and they named their band that so maybe you have seen them..?

Buckythecat
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Tearin' it Down Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 167 Location: Durant, Oklahoma
Seriously, I think my dad and I were behind you guys in line outside....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
texasgal
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:07 pm Reply with quote
really awesome. At Mt. View or at Dallas??? What do you look like? Maybe we can remember if you kinda give us an idea.

Buckythecat
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Granada...30ish, red hair and black glasses lady with a fiftyish guy with a mustache. I only said this because a guy in front of us was telling us all about how he came to be an O.C. fan and I remember Mt. View. I said I didn't know where that was and my dad corrected me because we lived in Ft. Smith at one time. At any rate. Glad to be here and glad everyone else is here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
texasgal
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:36 am Reply with quote
lol yea that was prolly my boyfriend. he always talks about Mt. view. thats crazy, iam still trying to remember who was around me outside. it was so cold all i cared about was getting in and being warm and seeing old crow. so it might take me a bit to rememeber. but i bet my boyfriend might. do you remember a girl wearing a red jacket? (cause that would have been me)

Buckythecat
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:05 pm Reply with quote
texasgal wrote:
lol yea that was prolly my boyfriend. he always talks about Mt. view. thats crazy, iam still trying to remember who was around me outside. it was so cold all i cared about was getting in and being warm and seeing old crow. so it might take me a bit to rememeber. but i bet my boyfriend might. do you remember a girl wearing a red jacket? (cause that would have been me)

I am totally with ya. My dad and I had been in the car for almost two hours and didn't stop because we THOUGHT we were late. So, while we were out there we were just cold and really had to pee.....but well worth the wait, nonetheless.....
texasgal
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:57 pm Reply with quote
lol..you are totally right. It was all worth it, and i would def do it all over agian. Except I would change a couple of things about the nite to make them go a little better, like for example i didnt bring anything with me for them to sign my bf and all our friends did..so i didnt get anything signed. two...We were ourstide after the show just hanging out by the car before we all hit the road and Critter was outside smoking(he is my favorite) and i was too nervous to ask for a pic and he kept looking over there at me andmy friends..and then one of my friends went over there and asked ketch for a pic and we got one. but i really wanted one with critter. Then as me and my bf were walking to the vehicle (we were parked right beside ocms van) morgan and willie walked right beside me to get to the other side of the van and we just kept walking..we didnt want to disturb them bc they seemed in a hurry..but if i could do it all over agian i def would have asked them all for a pic. Hey Buckythecat, do you live in dallas?

Buckythecat
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:20 am Reply with quote
That is fun. Since I was with my DAD, we had to leave early....just like being a fifteen....I don't live in Dallas. I live on the Ok/Tex border...about an hour and a half north of Dallas.

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:19 pm Reply with quote
lol...iam so ready for them to come back to texas soon...bc me and my bf and friends will def be there. I know you prolly will be too.

gwrap
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Charlie Joined: 28 Oct 2004 Posts: 925 Location: Stankonia, GA
I first heard of Old Crow when a friend and I went to the Strawberry Park Bluegrass festival in Preston, CT in 2002. We went to see Tony Rice and Peter Rowan and Sam Bush. We were a little out of place, since the Strawberry Park Festival was mostly old people. We saw some guys our age hanging around the stage, and just thought "those guys are out of place, too." Then, 20 minutes later, they were on stage blowing everybody away. Haven't gotten enough of them since.

Sorry snail
Down in my heart
texasgal
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:49 pm Reply with quote
thats awesome!!! was morgan with the band then? did you talk to them or anything?