old crow fans Forum Index

<  Off Topic  ~  UK and European shows - again!

kevinoakhill
Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:06 am Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 03 Apr 2005 Posts: 59 Location: London
So the veritable glut of decent shows on the other side of the pond is approaching us - anyone heading to any of these? Say hello if you are! I'm off (mostly with my Old Crow fan friend Jamie in tow) to the following:

Friday 28 - Hackensaw Boys, Leicester Musician
Sunday 30 - Emily Barker and the Red Clay Halo, London
Monday 1st May - Hackensaw Boys and Chatham County Line, London Borderline
Saturday May 27th - European World of Bluegrass Festival, Holland - including Randy Waller and the Country Gentlemen, and Hunger Mountain Boys
June 5th - Jolie Holland, London
July 5th - Crooked Jades (feat Jennie from Jim and Jennie and the Pinetops) - London Borderline
End July - Cambridge Folk Festival (if I can get tickets on Sunday!)

Plus it looks as though Uncle Earl and the Wilders are about in August and September...fantastic news! Hope to see some Crow-friendly faces at these shows.
CatieWee
Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:10 am Reply with quote
Lil' Birdie Joined: 20 Oct 2005 Posts: 33 Location: Norfolk - UK
I'm going to be back at Cambridge this year for sure!! I cant wait to see EmmyLou Harris and (not to many peoples taste on here) Nickel Creek. Seeing as I'm stuck in Derby finishing my final year, my Mum is heading out bright and early on sunday to queue up and get all the family their tickets - what a lovely she is! I can't wait!! Roll on July!

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:10 am Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 03 Apr 2005 Posts: 59 Location: London
I'll see you at Cambridge then, can't wait for it, Nickel Creek are one of my guilty pleasures too, on the assumption that they aren't bluegrass or anywhere near it, just entertaining and excellent musicians. If anyone is heading to Hackensaws tonight, I'll be the one in the Split Lip Rayfield t shirt. I doubt there will be more than one of us...