old crow fans Forum Index

<  Other People's Projects  ~  Wed. Night Old Time Jam @ the 5 spot in E. Nashville!

therodge
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:23 pm Reply with quote
*Law Dog* Joined: 17 Oct 2004 Posts: 6602 Location: Nashville, Tennessee
http://www.myspace.com/thewednesdaynightoldtimejam

Hey ya'll, I just found out what I'm doing for every wednesday night for the rest of my life...

That's right, The Wednesday Night Old Time Jam at the 5 spot in East Nashville.

I just got back and had a blast. I sat right next to Adrienne Young in the circle and tried to learn me a few old time songs. OLD old crow, Matt Kinman, was there too. He gave me few pointers on the banjo as well. He's a super back-woods type of fella but super nice, too.

We had a good 15 players turn out and it's only the 2nd week of doing it. Like I said, I know where I'm gonna be every wed night from now on.

Ya'll make it out if youre in Nashvile, its a good old time!

A few pics and maybe a vid coming...

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:39 am Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 14 Nov 2006 Posts: 494 Location: Harrison, Ohio
how cool is that!!! i am gonna have to make a trip to Nashville soon!

MikeyOutToSea
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 27 Jun 2006 Posts: 603 Location: Nashvegas, TN
i was going to post this yesterday! see you next wednesday.

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:44 pm Reply with quote
*Law Dog* Joined: 17 Oct 2004 Posts: 6602 Location: Nashville, Tennessee
I got this email yesterday,

I'm gonna have to go and whoop Kinman's ass at some checkers!

-----------------

Friends,

First off, I want to send a BIG thank you out to everyone that helped make last week's potluck jam a success. The spread of food we had was incredible and it sure was nice to spend Thanksgiving Eve with all of the fine folks that came out. Honestly, I wouldn't of had it any other way!

As you know, the fun will continue this Wednesday night with more good music and more good times. As usual, we'll being pickin' tunes sometime between 7:00 and 8:00 PM and the checkerboards will be sittin' out all night for anyone to play. Actually, ya'll might all might want to consider honing your checker skills because Matt Kinman plans to be in town next week and he told me last night that he's ready to kick everyone's tail at that game. Consider yourself warned!

Though we won't be "kickin' it" pot luck style this week, that doesn’t mean that there won’t be food ‘cause those fellers at The 5 Spot sure can make a mean sandwich…

In other news, I also wanted to let everyone know that Patsy, Donna & Roni Stoneman will be performing this Saturday night at The Ernest Tubb’s Record Shop Midnight Jamboree (2416 Music Valley Drive.) Though their music doesn’t quite fit the standard definition of “old time music,” their daddy, Ernest “Pop” Stoneman, was one of the first and best old-time country singers of all time. That said; if I don't see you tomorrow night, I'll expect to see you late Saturday evening!

Your pal,

Buck