old crow fans Forum Index

<  Music  ~  old crows and old time religion

DixieDarlin
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:29 am Reply with quote
Lil' Birdie Joined: 22 Mar 2007 Posts: 1 Location: the continental United States
They sure do sing a lot of religious songs. Anyone ever read or heard them talk about this. I know Ketch was reading up on the book of Isaiah when he pen'd 'I Hear Them All', and Morgan used to go to a Christian highschool(with Kaki King, nonetheless), but they aren't Christians are they?
razorsedge
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:05 am Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 16 Nov 2005 Posts: 585 Location: Chicago, Illinois
When they were on 'On The Edge Of Country' they were asked what they'd be doing if they weren't doing music and Ketch said he'd be a preist, which I thought was interesting. Critter made sure to point out that he'd be a "straight preist," hahaha.
catietoo
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:09 am Reply with quote
Tearin' it Down Joined: 06 Dec 2006 Posts: 181 Location: Morristown, TN
I don't know what their personal religious stances are, but Ketch also went to a private Episcopalian school in New Hampshire.
bopanic
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quote
*King of da Vuld* Joined: 04 Dec 2005 Posts: 4190 Location: Nashville, TN
razorsedge wrote:
When they were on 'On The Edge Of Country' they were asked what they'd be doing if they weren't doing music and Ketch said he'd be a preist, which I thought was interesting. Critter made sure to point out that he'd be a "straight preist," hahaha.

critters funny!

interesting thread nonetheless.
razorsedge
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 16 Nov 2005 Posts: 585 Location: Chicago, Illinois
Yeah, Critter seems like he'd be a blast to hang out with. Kind of off topic, but, I liked in the 'On The Edge of Country' when they were asked if there is anybody in particular they wanted to collaborate with and Critter comes with Motorhead. "I kill them all, I kill them all, I kill them all...."
mountain_plucked
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 20 Mar 2007 Posts: 111 Location: ...went to the mountaintop, but it wasn't there
I knew Ketch was a total prep school kid, but I didn't know it was a religious school.
Oh yeah, that's right, Moragn and Kaki King used to be an item (and band mates) in h.s., ya know before she beacame a lesbian. LOL Poor Morgan. Laughing

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:06 pm Reply with quote
*Law Dog* Joined: 17 Oct 2004 Posts: 6602 Location: Nashville, Tennessee
2. Please respect band members' privacy and do not discuss their personal lives, or members of their families, on this forum.

... we're teetering.

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 20 Mar 2007 Posts: 111 Location: ...went to the mountaintop, but it wasn't there
I don't see how, they used to be in bands together. No private info was given about Morgan or Kaki that isn't already known to many, many people. It's part of his background in music...where he learned to play bass...but whatever.

I find it interesting that two people meet as kids and become accomplished, talented musicians in their own right. Props to the musical dept. at that school.

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:19 pm Reply with quote
*Mr. Lehman* Joined: 26 Oct 2006 Posts: 1102 Location: Asheville, NC
oh lawdog...so wise. i love that you keep order 'round here.

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:20 am Reply with quote
Lil' Birdie Joined: 23 Feb 2007 Posts: 8 Location: Star City, VA
Yeah, this would be a good place to discuss the profound influence of religious music on the american musical landscape.

My group is getting ready to complete a gospel cd with songs from various viewpoints: from the gates of heaven to the precipice of eternal damnation. Needless to say, some dark material on it.