old crow fans Forum Index

<  Arrivals  ~  Even surgery couldn't keep me away from OCMS!

motiger
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:55 am Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 26 Aug 2005 Posts: 80 Location: Missouri
Hi All,

I have been registered since 2005, and love reading the forum from time to time, but have never posted because I don't post much on anything and I haven't ever been such a fan of one single band that I felt it was necessary.

Well, I have had a revelation this past week, that has made me realize that A) I am a HUGE fan of OCMS (they are my favorite band) and that's nothing be ashamed of, and B) Why not join in the fun of the posting? You all are a great bunch on this forum!

For those who care, here's how my revelation came about. I have seen OCMS live three times, twice in 2005 and then just last week in Columbia MO. I own any and all OCMS that I have been able to get my hands on. On Friday April 13th I had major surgery. Prior to the surgery, my sister (also a huge OCMS fan) told me they were coming to my home town of Columbia MO, and wondered if I would be up for it. I said "I'll try" but was pretty unsure of how I would be, 4 days after surgery. Well, turns out I couldn't stay away. About 7PM I put on my cowboy hat, took some Tylenol and headed out to the Blue Note, with a ugly 7 inch scar and stitches in my neck because I LOVE OLD CROW MEDICINE SHOW. I even ventured onto the floor for a couple of songs (usually I would be right up front but wasn't too steady on my feet). And you know what? Music helps you heal, that's all I have to say.

So, I am happy and proud to say that I am crazy about OCMS, and hope to contribute to the forum and share the OCMS love with everyone I meet! Thanks for this great community.

Sincerely,

Sarah
Columbia MO
Kitty
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:11 am Reply with quote
*Mrs. Kitty* Joined: 23 Oct 2006 Posts: 2344 Location: Durham, NC
Welcome and glad you finally decided to really jump into the forum! What a story!
BrownEyesBlue
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:43 am Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 10 Aug 2006 Posts: 376
What a story indeed. Welcome.
And music sure does have healing energies. Mood altering energies. It's great. At least real music does and OCMS is honest to goodness real and honest music made by real and honest to goodness musicians. Lord have mercy!
pittsyltucky
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:02 pm Reply with quote
*Johnny* Joined: 15 Sep 2006 Posts: 4268 Location: Pigg River District, Pittsylvania County, Virginia
What a trooper! Glad to have ya on board - and by all means, post away!
therodge
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:06 pm Reply with quote
*Law Dog* Joined: 17 Oct 2004 Posts: 6602 Location: Nashville, Tennessee
A lil Old Crow never hurt nobody. It's the cure for what ails ya. Welcome!

Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Charlie Joined: 22 Feb 2007 Posts: 976 Location: The Right Coast
it is Old Crow MEDICINE after all.
bopanic
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:50 pm Reply with quote
*King of da Vuld* Joined: 04 Dec 2005 Posts: 4190 Location: Nashville, TN
all the meds i need! welcome home!