old crow fans Forum Index

<  Questions and Problems  ~  not computer savvy

penelippy
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:38 am Reply with quote
Charlie Joined: 06 Oct 2007 Posts: 749 Location: on the road
I seen another post on problems uploading avatars but I did not see a response. Can someone help me? I'm an idget when it comes to crap like that. Info about images off the web or personal pics would be appreciated. Also, I seen a post about avatars with pics of the user and the band and people suggested superimposing. Can I do a pic of myself acutally with one of them? I have pics of me with Ketch, Crit and Morgan, all seperate though. They are still on my bofriend's phone.

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:06 am Reply with quote
*Irish Stew* Joined: 03 Oct 2007 Posts: 3666 Location: Joe's Cornfield
Penelope, I'm new here, too, so I'll speak generally in case you're itching for a reply (plus I'd love to see a pic Laughing )

usually you can post anything you own either by clicking the choose button in your Profile details or by pasting in a *** (web address) for an image that is already hosted somewhere else (photobucket or flickr perhaps), or technically you can link to someone elses image (if that's not frowned upon) in the same way (pasting a ***).

The trick to avatars is often just getting the size right. Less than 20 KB and less than 160by160 pixels. To give you an idea my avatar is 130by130 _ I just chose the image from my Hard Drive here rather than linking to an offsite image.

Good luck!

*** = U R L but I can't write that even til I'm seven days old
therodge
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:31 pm Reply with quote
*Law Dog* Joined: 17 Oct 2004 Posts: 6602 Location: Nashville, Tennessee
penelope, email me your image and I can size it for you. therodge@hotmail.com

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quote
*Data Miner* Joined: 30 Jun 2007 Posts: 3427
therodge to the rescue!

Penelope, you're in good hands!
penelippy
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Charlie Joined: 06 Oct 2007 Posts: 749 Location: on the road
Thanks GumboStu!! theRodge...I am so not computer savvy that I am not sure how to email a pic. I need to buy a card to get the pics of me and the boys off my boyfriend's phone first and then I will email it to you (if I can't get it up myself) if you would be so gracious to help me. You guys are great! Also, I hear I can order the Crowcaine shirt from you?? I've got a bad Crowcaine habit and would love to sport it. Can you give me info on how to order? I am anti-credit card so I hope you accept money orders!!! Thanks again!!! Very Happy