old crow fans Forum Index

<  Live  ~  Norfolk, VA - 6/20/07 - Setlist, Reviews, Photos

pittsyltucky
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:07 am Reply with quote
*Johnny* Joined: 15 Sep 2006 Posts: 4268 Location: Pigg River District, Pittsylvania County, Virginia
What a heck of a time tonight was. Took a load of friends down and everyone had a phenomenal time. It was very exciting... Probably the better of the three for setlist and performance.

I -- 8:33-9:15ish
Down South Blues
Tell It To Me> Cocaine Finale (Habit's "Karl Rove" verse and chorus)
Heart Up In The Sky
Let It Alone
Hard To Love
Hesitation Blues ( "--" on list)
Lift Him Up (And Never Knock Him Down)
Good Gal
Gospel Plow
New Virginia
Are You From Dixie?

II -- 9:37-
James River
Ruben's
Wagon Wheel
Minglewood
Down Home Girl
Hear Them All
Take 'Em Away
Lee Hwy ("D Fiddle" on list)
Old Jim Canan's
Fall On My Knees
Big Time In The Jungle
Union Maid
Tell It melody> Intros> Tell It finale

E: CC Rider, Lay Lady Lay

Intros:
Kev - Marlon Byrd? (not sure, but there is a baseball player of the name)
Morgan - Willie McGee
Willie - Douglas Wilder
Crit - Jack Jouett
Ketch - "From New Jersey" - Andrew Dice Clay

After the show I had the fellers to sign their headrests in the old suburban - heard some pretty fun stories about the rides in that thing -- no trailer, just five guys and their EQ and etc. all crammed in there. Ketch - the poor boy - was apparently assaulted with yak as he exited the venue. How embarrassing that this happened in Virginia - not to mention the clown who threw a beer at the guys during the second set - even with the rudeness, the guys said they had a good time in Virginia as always. It was mighty fun hanging out and shooting the poo post-show. Nearly lost Kate to Monica as an unpaid intern, but everyone came back who went in the end.
Pictures later...

Last edited by pittsyltucky on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
m311ton
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:48 am Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 28 May 2007 Posts: 421 Location: Missouri
Yeah that was one heck of a show, they really rocked the house. It was an absolute blast, and save the idiot throwing beer on stage, the Norva has got to be proud of that show. The guys were unbelievable.

So I was walking around talking to people, and a few mentioned that there was a huge sound board in the back of the venue that wasn't normally there. One guy even said that it was such a large piece of equipment that it had to be for some hardcore recording. Anyone know anything about that? The board was gigantic, and I've never been to the venue before so I can't verify if it is regular equipment, but the people I talked to had suspicion of a recording.

Other than that, from talking to people it sounded like there were a lot of first timers for an OCMS show (including myself) and afterwards they were blown away. That really was one of the best shows I've ever seen!
foxontherun
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:48 pm Reply with quote
*Call Me Foxxxy If'n Ya Nasty* Joined: 18 Dec 2004 Posts: 1079 Location: Lynchburg, VA USA
dang it dang it dang it. i hate myself for not going to this. i think, this will be the show i always regret haha. reubans train.....dang it.

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quote
*Law Dog* Joined: 17 Oct 2004 Posts: 6602 Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Did Libby not go to any of these?!

I think she went to Telluride with her fam or something.

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:42 pm Reply with quote
*Call Me Foxxxy If'n Ya Nasty* Joined: 18 Dec 2004 Posts: 1079 Location: Lynchburg, VA USA
all shows were sans libby

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:46 am Reply with quote
*Johnny* Joined: 15 Sep 2006 Posts: 4268 Location: Pigg River District, Pittsylvania County, Virginia

Hard To Love

Lift Him Up

Good Gal

Plow

Dixie

Ruben

Take 'Em

Fall On My Knees

Flookie

CC

Last edited by pittsyltucky on Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
therodge
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:49 am Reply with quote
*Law Dog* Joined: 17 Oct 2004 Posts: 6602 Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Really like that one with Dixie underneath it! Very good job Pittsy!

Any word on the Austin City Limits broadcast?

I dig critter's shirt... but whats up with willie fringe leather jacket? haha!

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:03 am Reply with quote
Crit says that it is a Mexican Wedding shirt -- I do believe it's the same one he wore for that Tear It Down video on Renfro. (Strike that - it's only similar).
And hell, we thought Willie's fringed jacket was a bit funky, too -- but with a voice like that boy has and the way he tears that guitar, all I can say is "whatever" - after all, is he not "Mr. Rock Forever"?

Last edited by pittsyltucky on Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Libby
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:43 pm Reply with quote
*Queen Crow* Joined: 11 Jan 2006 Posts: 299 Location: London, England
foxontherun wrote:
all shows were sans libby

I'm glad you noticed!

I was in Telluride but I had to leave early. My grandfather is sick and I'm on my way back to the UK via Williamsburg.

My roommate was at this show and she said it was awesome.
bopanic
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:49 pm Reply with quote
*King of da Vuld* Joined: 04 Dec 2005 Posts: 4190 Location: Nashville, TN
nice pices pittsy... i have a shirt like crit, its called a guayaberas, its a very famous mexican shirt. got mine at a good will for 99 cents. cant beat that!
pittsyltucky
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:19 am Reply with quote
Hey Libby -- your friend said howdy to Kate and I after the show and sent your regards. We SURELY missed you. Let's do the Hackensaws at Jewish Mother in a few weeks!!!!!!!
Libby
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:04 am Reply with quote
*Queen Crow* Joined: 11 Jan 2006 Posts: 299 Location: London, England
Oh, I would love to! Unfortunately, I had to bring my flights home forward because of my grandfather and I cannot afford to go home, come back, and go home again. I will be in the UK for the rest of the summer, but I am looking forward to more OCMS in the fall!
Kitty
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:48 pm Reply with quote
*Mrs. Kitty* Joined: 23 Oct 2006 Posts: 2344 Location: Durham, NC
Libby wrote:
Oh, I would love to! Unfortunately, I had to bring my flights home forward because of my grandfather and I cannot afford to go home, come back, and go home again. I will be in the UK for the rest of the summer, but I am looking forward to more OCMS in the fall!

Well I will surely miss running into you around these parts Libby! Safe travels back to the motherland, and we will all look forward to your return in the fall. You able to keep up with the forum while b ack in the UK??
kg
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:53 am Reply with quote
*Data Miner* Joined: 30 Jun 2007 Posts: 3427
//Gospel Plow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrrIbn2TaGw

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:48 am Reply with quote
Lil' Birdie Joined: 19 Mar 2008 Posts: 6 Location: Virginia
my first post.

Norfolk was my first Old Crow show. I was very suprised at the turnout, I guess I underestimated the crow fan base.

Are You from Dixie and the tell it to me ending was awesome

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:43 am Reply with quote
That was a good'n fer a first'n... FO SHO! That's gotta be the hottest Ruben's Train I ever heard.