old crow fans Forum Index

<  Live  ~  Nashville, TN - 10/9 & 10/08 - Setlist, Reviews, Photos,

indeedinoditsistern
Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:53 am Reply with quote
*Garfunkled* Joined: 22 Jan 2008 Posts: 1524 Location: Hokes Bluff AL.
GumboStu wrote:
Nice one, Indeedeye. I love that song too. Did they do "The Cruel Wife"? That's funny.

nope.
check this out...

scroll down and d'lode singles or entire show

Carolina Chocolate Drops Live at Centenary United Methodist Church
therodge
Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:23 pm Reply with quote
*Law Dog* Joined: 17 Oct 2004 Posts: 6602 Location: Nashville, Tennessee
ah man, Where was ya indeed? I didn't see ya and wish I had.

Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:35 pm Reply with quote
*Irish Stew* Joined: 03 Oct 2007 Posts: 3666 Location: Joe's Cornfield
indeedinoditsistern wrote:
GumboStu wrote:
Nice one, Indeedeye. I love that song too. Did they do "The Cruel Wife"? That's funny.

nope.
check this out...

scroll down and d'lode singles or entire show

Carolina Chocolate Drops Live at Centenary United Methodist Church

that's where I know it from, Indee, a great show. I was listening to it this morning after you called out Cornbread.

Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:44 pm Reply with quote
*Johnny* Joined: 15 Sep 2006 Posts: 4268 Location: Pigg River District, Pittsylvania County, Virginia
Ryman Auditorium
Nashville, TN

10/9/08

I - 8:25p - ~9:15p
Train On The Island
Hear Them All
Minglewood
Alabama High Test
Next Go 'Round
Methamphetamine
Hard To Tell
Tennessee Pusher
Let's All Help The Cowboys (Sing The Blues) +
Dirty Old Egg Suckin' Dog +
Caroline
Raise A Ruckus
Sally Anne

II - ~9:30p - ~10:25
Fire On The Mountain
Down Home
James River Blues
Humdinger
Greatest Hustler
Tell It To Me
Wagon Wheel
Hard To Love
Mary's Kitchen
CC Rider
Fall On My Knees *
Tear It Down *
Tell It Melody> Intros> Tell It Finale *

E - 10:28p - 10:38p
Soul Rebel
BIG SCIOTA!!!!!!!!!!! *

Intros: Actual Factual, "...and Dom Flemons smackin' on them bones"

+: w/ Cowboy Jack Clement
*: w/ Dom Flemons

10/10/08

I - 8:31p - ~9:20p
Fire On The Mountain
Poor Man
Methamphetamine
Down Home
Shack #9
Next Go 'Round
Mary's Kitchen
Crazy Eyes
Tennessee Pusher
Greasy Coat
James River Blues
Minglewood

II - 9:42p - 10:34p
Sally Anne
Raise A Ruckus
Humdinger
God's Got It
Hear Them All
Alabama High Test
Motel In Memphis
Tell It To Me
Wagon Wheel
Hard To Love
Caroline
All In This Together
Fall On My Knees *
Tear It Down *
Tell It Melody> Intros> Tell It Finale *

E - 10:37p - 10:44p
Flookie **
Union Maid *

Intros: Actual Factual

*: w/ Dom Flemons on Bones
**: w/ Dom Flemons on Guitar

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:50 am Reply with quote
*King of da Vuld* Joined: 04 Dec 2005 Posts: 4190 Location: Nashville, TN
good to see ya made it home man, (or i guess im assuming that) you could just be on rodges computer. either way, as always thanks for keeping track of these setlists it sho was a killer weekend!

off to catch my flight from london > croatia...
fiorano
Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:16 am Reply with quote
Lil' Birdie Joined: 30 Sep 2008 Posts: 46
more stuff from Thursday

The Greatest Hustler of Them All
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isfK_uA0saU

Humdinger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT5tJm7d0SM

I Hear Them All
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvG27bizPss

Next Go 'Round
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtiJG5PrBsE

Alabama High Test - who did the growl after "higher than a wildcat" at the end?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVCTbaVY6RY
GumboStu
Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:45 am Reply with quote
fiorano wrote:

Alabama High Test - who did the growl after "higher than a wildcat" at the end?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVCTbaVY6RY

I'm guessing it's Ketch as Gill and Willie are turned away from their mics at that point. These are keeping me in the tour spirit across the pond, fiorano, thanks. Very Happy

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:41 am Reply with quote
Charlie Joined: 28 Oct 2004 Posts: 925 Location: Stankonia, GA
As Bo, rodge, tucky, et al have made it known, the weekend in Nashville was superb. It's always a good time at the Ryman. It was good to meet everyone from the board before and after the show. I'm just glad I'm off work today (Mon) to recover. Thank goodness for government holidays!

Sorry snail
Down in my heart
merlin
Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 27 Oct 2007 Posts: 557 Location: God's Country
My highlights from Thursday...

1. Meeting up with everyone at Jack's BBQ. Goooood stuff!!!
2. Having my 1st and last Fat Tire beer. Not a fan.
3. Drinking Yuenglings behind Tootsies with the gang. I can't help but think of Hank Williams walking those back alleys behind the Ryman when I am back there.
4. Caroline Chocolate Drops. I became a fan.
5. several 9$ beers.
6. The energy from the crowd when Tell it to me was played and it keep going for the rest of the show.
7. Watching ruralvoice try to unfurl that sciota sign.
8. The encore. Soul Rebel and Sciota
9. Watching the dart game and socializing with the nice ladies there.
10. Missing my buddy for several minutes until I went outside and found out he had been kicked out for blowing chunks. Good Times

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:54 pm Reply with quote
the Nashville shows were freaking great... same for the Louisville show!

Each night was distinctly different than the night before. A real real good variety of songs and surprise songs. The whole 3 nights were very fresh! The first set of Thursday was very musical and laid back. You could tell they were feeling every note. They blew it up in the 2nd set and keep that energy all weekend long! Soul Rebel and SCIOTA! That was the coolest thing. Willie looking over at us and doing that for us man. He's a true friend. Hanging out with everyone before, during, and after the shows. Fine fine folks! Every single one of yuns!

Friday night was on fire! People were going apes**t for that stuff! I'm wore out but Im loving it. Real good speaking with the boys of the band every night too. Good dudes, through and through.

got a ton o photographs ... gonna put em up tonight! More details and stories to come once I process it all.

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quote
*Johnny* Joined: 15 Sep 2006 Posts: 4268 Location: Pigg River District, Pittsylvania County, Virginia
What a whirlwind the last few days were... How many times have I said that?
Thursday started waaaaay too early for me -- I was up late Wednesday getting packed and then I remembered I hadn't done up the SCIOTA banner, so I searched around for an old bedsheet -- found an old hospital sheet and started to work - didn't know how well i'd do at spraypainting letters on a sheet -- well it was going really really good and I was pretty impressed... until I got to the "A" and realised that I didn't have room... DAMN! So I run around and scare up another sheet and do it all over again, this time everything fit good. So it was all in blue originally and then I found a gray can of primer and added in the three-dimensional look - not bad. Then outlined it in black and thought "that don't look too shabby at all". Next thing I know the alarm's going off and i'm stumbling around collecting up the last minute items and hacking up blue, gray and black loogs. Ack!! Rush over to the airport and get in the line for Delta. Looking at the time thinking that I ain't going to make my flight as slow as this thing is going. So this lady comes over and says "if you're on a domestic flight then go to the kiosk and print out your pass and check your bag" - which I do and then get the "Special Handling" flag. "Oh, sorry -- you've got to get back in the line you just got out of" (which is now about fifteen more people deep). So by the time I get up front I get the "Oh, we're sorry -- bag check for your flight ended ten minutes ago"... So they do me a "favor" and put me on the next flight at no extra charge. By the time I got to Nashville, time was really tight but I had the great fortune of catching a cheap ride into the downtown area that literally "dumped me on the corner of Broadway". Couldn't have worked more perfectly if I had planned it.
Met with the Rodge and stowed my backpack and went to Jack's to eat, where the "Jesco Incident" came full circle. How serendipitous was that? After eating we were waiting out front for some folks to show up for their tickets when Justin Earle comes around the corner. I gave a wave and a nod and he comes around and says first off "Hey man, i'm getting that sweet poster of yours framed up" with a big ol' smile. Heck yeah!! So we chit-chatted a little and I brought up the research i'd done on the protagonist in "Lone Pine Hill" and how it was possible that the song could be about an actual person. So I mention that there were several companies from a handful of counties that the fellow could have been from and he says that he had hoped that there would have been a place in West(ern) Virginia called Lone Pine, and the last time he was headed toward Morgantown from Pennsylvania that he crossed into Hampshire County and lo and behold there's a directional sign for "Lone Pine" WVA. Well my mouth about dropped because sure as you're born there was one company in a Stonewall Brigade regiment that hailed from Hampshire County. Well it just don't get any more coincidental than that... Well maybe it does, because Thursday was one of those magical days. Being the Ninth of October, I had realised earlier in the day that it was my nineteenth anniversary of seeing live music. First concert I ever attended was the Grateful Dead (as Formerly The Warlocks) in Hampton, Virginia on October 9, 1989 -- I was sure tonight was going to be SOMETHING. So Rodge's ticket-takers showed and we went in and had unfortunately missed the Chocolate Drops, but were in just in time to get the banner up to ruralvoice and bo's brother and for me to get down to my seat before the boys came on.
The first set was kind of subdued -- not necessarily the band's performance, but the crowd for sure. Standing up to dance and getting told to sit back down was kind of a bummer. Oh well --- it was neat to see Cowboy Jack play a couple, and by the time that Ruckus and Sally Anne came along, there was no getting me to sit. Heck no... During the intros I noticed there was a space next to Rodge up on the second row, so I availed myself of the opportunity to move up a few rows for the encores. The SCIOTA banner dropped exactly as planned and to see the look on Willie's face when he saw it was priceless!!! That Soul Rebel was the best rendition i've heard them do, and of course I was FLIPPING that they actually played Sciota for us. Those guys are the cat's pajamas. For real real. Big thanks to fiorano for getting a video clip of both encores. Apparently we were awfully close to each other, my clip of Sciota is from just a bit further to the right. I took a few of some other tunes through the night, but nothing to get excited about except the Sciota. So after I cleaned the poop out my britches we all went into that stinky ol' alley and whooped it up some more. What great fun! What great folks! It was a daggone pleasure to meet a few forum folk for the first time. And Willie's comments about the banner -- man, man, you'd have thought i'd just been handed a newborn I was so proud. Love you, man. Surrissly.
Well -- the night wasn't over yet, because that Old Crow Dart Tournament was yet to be played. I was nervous not a little bit. Rodge and i had a close close match in Charleston over the summer and I had been talking a LOT of smack lately and it's kinda funny how karma will smack you down when you get so confident. So we went over to Mulligan's accompanied by ruralvoice and met up with merlin and co. and turtle and her feller. So the stage was set for 'tucky to get his ass handed to him -- but it didn't go down like that. At all... WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! The pics from myself and the Rodge will suffice to tell that tale.

I made it!! Finally!!!

Sweet Crow Energy!!!

Next Go 'Round

With Cowboy Jack

Tell It

Hard To Love

Bring It!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soul Rebel

East and west the highway rolls, Lord have mercy on my poor soul

THANK YOU!!!!!!

The Sciota Dumpling Gang

The Contenders

There were distractions...

With two bulls to close the game, I came up with this one...

Sweep, sweep, sweep --- and that final score should be 141 to 90...

I love this guy... Yer mah boy, Rodge!!!!

Beat the PANTS off 'im...

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quote
therodge wrote:
ah man, Where was ya indeed? I didn't see ya and wish I had.

i should have been directly under u guys. the fartherest away as possible. not that i planned it thata wayt. i had a real quick trip. it was a LONG day and i was moody. told the gals behind us to shut up or die (not those words but close). had a long drive after wards. tride to mingle out the front dore durin half time....and now they dont let u "re-entry" from the front dore.
bularki: well can i go out this dore and enter back thru the side dore?
security gord: no. u can go out the side dore to smoke then...
bularki: i dont want to smoke i want AIR.
security gord: ok well just like any venue in town thares no re- entry.

he was convinced i wanted to smoke and kept insisting i went out the side dore. do they gate an area outside the side dore to keep the herd of smokers in or is the side dore majik or sompthane? whatever i no in years past we always went out the front dore during the halftime show. front dore/ side dore....

ya just like any venue in town, the security gords suck.

so i had to fight my way all the way back thru the lobby and had a crash with some idiot guy and some idiot gal and beer was everwhare and.....i thank they conceived...etc

but them carolina chocolate drops stole the show i thought.

PS: i will never ever for all eternity forgive yall sciota requesters for not waitin till friday nite. may YOU BURN IN HECK!!! Twisted Evil
PPS: then i bout had to take down a usher nazi or two.

PPSSP: i was thinkin and i have never ever seen the merch boothe. where is it? i mean ive seen OCMS a lotta times but never have i ever met them outlaws or seen a merch booth. is it me or what?

lookin forward to readin up on tuckys journal tomorrow (and gettin paid fer it) at wk am about to eat and sleep...
pittsyltucky
Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Indeed -- I will never in a million years forgive you for not catching up with us ya farragut... you need to make up yourself a t-shirt with that "pig-face" on it for the next show and DAMNITALL -- look us UP!!! Oh yeah - that merch booth at the ryman is always upstairs in the lobby... and I hear ya -- I thought them security folks was a bit on the Gestapo side, at least until I got to Louisville and actually had Heinrich Himmler himself smacking us down all night.

Friday... Woke up at the crack of noon feeling a bit buzzed yet from Thursday's fun. Ate some reeeeaally good Cuban food and went down to the Ryman to hit the gift shop - my boy's Grand Ole Opry shirt is about too small and he loves it so I wanted to get him another one. They didn't have that style anymore and I didn't care for any of the other stuff for kids they had, so I went to pick up the Rodge from work a little miffed that I wasn't bringing any souveniers home for the fella. Luckily, on Sunday I found that the airport gift shop had the EXACT shirt I was after in the EXACT size I needed... Awesome! So we went down to the Ryman once again and met up with ol' Jake Spruce and got some more Jack's in the belly. Man, I LOVE that stuff!! Supped with Gwrap and his honey and chatted up a while. Went to get me a refill on the tea before I went to Rodge's car to get squared away for the show. Ran into Ketch in the alley and chatted a while. Always a good time talking about whatever. Mostly mules this time, but also that I was hankerin' to get a Crazy Eyes tonight -- THANKS. Chatted with Gill a bit and then ran on into the show. None of my pics from the first set looked good at all, and I spotted a partially empty row down closer for set two so I went down front and got some good pics. Spin & Wildchild joined me a few songs into the set and there was much rejoicing... But from the first set I was thankful to get the Crazy Eyes i'd been after and a couple tunes later got the most BLAZING Greasy Coat you ever heard. I mean that thing was INTENSE... I hope somebody clipped that because I mean Ketch was PREACHING the word. Good gravy, it was something else. And I want to say it was the Minglewood to close the set that he just tore UP on the french harp, but i'm not sure. If you were there you know exactly what i'm talkin' about. Set two was no less intense, but it had some mellow moments. Dom joined in again on the bones for the set closers and then played guitar on Flookie, which Gill nailed this time. All around it was a great show. On to Louisville!!! Afterwards we again got to chat up with the fellas out back and yuk it up before we went to Mafioso's for some late night pizza. I have NO IDEA what Hitler is talking about, because that pizza sucked BALLS. I also found out the Sox beat the Rays in game one so my evening was ruined at that point. At least until we got back to Rodge's and watched the Turtleman -- Indian Rebel Yells all the way to Louisville next day -- Haaaaa Yiii!!
A little reminder of home in the parking lot...

So what's the use in even tryyyyyiiiiin'?

Last edited by pittsyltucky on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 27 Oct 2007 Posts: 557 Location: God's Country
Nice recap Tuck.
I had way too many of those 9$ beers to remember that many details.

I mean for real, 9$ is ridiculous.

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 17 Sep 2007 Posts: 66 Location: Muhlenberg County....Kentucky
Well unfortunately i couldn’t go to the friday nash show or the sat. louisville one but THURSDAY at the Ryman was pretty magical. Sciota was a treat...but i thought the boys had really tightened up all the new stuff. IMO it sounded so much better live...wow! The Greatest Hustler was awesome but my favorite had to be Alabama high test!!!....Ketchs vocal style was leaning to Hank Sr. on that one and it just got me going.

Good to see everyone...but my highlight of the night was this:

After waiting for the boys in the alley Willie and his lovely wife wandered out of the doors and started talking to the few standing around. After talking to rodge and tucky I finally got my chance. Willie signed my poster and then I had to tell him how much Ive been enjoying his myspace solo videos. He seemed surprised when i started into Big Bill Broonzy tunes and what key he was playing them in.(Ive been teaching myself some Broonzy tunes) He then looked down at the white case that was holding his Larrivee guitar and said...."Im temped to get it out and show it to you right now, but i dont have a pick". I promptly reached into my pocket for a well used dunlop and gave it to him. After retrieving his git he went into broozys guitar stylings and a "secret" lick he had learned from a "secret" artist that gil had turned him onto...one that Broonzy had learned from. He then gave me my pick back and headed down the alley. You know that pick is going in the frame. Magic night for sure.
pittsyltucky
Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:00 pm Reply with quote
man, man - that was pretty cool to see Willie givin' ya the one-on-one Kentuck... say, who's camera got that picture of the group of us with Willie and the Mrs??
Was it yours, Bo??

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:42 am Reply with quote
pittsyltucky wrote:
say, who's camera got that picture of the group of us with Willie and the Mrs?? Was it yours, Bo??

yep gonna work on getting those up today! been too busy reading yo recap's nice stuff there!
bopanic
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:48 am Reply with quote
pittsyltucky wrote:
After eating we were waiting out front for some folks to show up for their tickets when Justin Earle comes around the corner.

Shocked

thats who that was, hell we were just standing there talking (as i was trying to sell my extra balcony tix) and i had no idea that was justin. maybe his red trucker hat thru me off. i did think it was strange that he was saying "they were heading up to chicago for a gig tomorrow" there must have been too much going on right before the show! hell woody pines was there to see the boys to from what i recall.
bopanic
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:55 am Reply with quote
10/10/08 @ The Ryman

Thursday Night Poster

Friday Night Poster

Morgan Township Creeper
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:56 am Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 14 Nov 2006 Posts: 494 Location: Harrison, Ohio
I absolutely love the pics....Rodge @ the dart board w/ his drawers down...classic! Looks like y'all had tons o fun in Nashville!

Love the Thurs & Fri night posters....who drew the eye and hat on the Thurs Crow?

Good job on the recaps too, wow, what alot to take in!

bopanic
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:06 am Reply with quote
Morgan Township Creeper wrote:
Love the Thurs & Fri night posters....who drew the eye and hat on the Thurs Crow?

mr. kevin hayes
Morgan Township Creeper
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:10 am Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 14 Nov 2006 Posts: 494 Location: Harrison, Ohio
What an artist! When he was signing Jens on board shirt, he said,
"Oh, I got a new signature!" LOL I told him he should trademark it, LOL.

therodge
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:27 am Reply with quote
Thursday Night

Friday Night
photo by gil landry

photo by gil landry

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:45 am Reply with quote
so... you give gil photo credit for his pics of dom but you dont gimme credit for that last pic of you and your friends? Shocked Laughing

as always man, great pics! its nice to see all these (even looking thru mine) and remember just how great that weekend was!
trtle8819
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 332 Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
kentukblue wrote:

He then looked down at the white case that was holding his Larrivee guitar and said...."Im temped to get it out and show it to you right now, but i dont have a pick". I promptly reached into my pocket for a well used dunlop and gave it to him. After retrieving his git he went into broozys guitar stylings and a "secret" lick he had learned from a "secret" artist that gil had turned him onto...one that Broonzy had learned from. He then gave me my pick back and headed down the alley. You know that pick is going in the frame. Magic night for sure.

Yea Kentuk, I was standin right next to you two when that was goin down...I was thinkin "wow, how cool, Willie just whipped out his guitar and started playin shit for you!!" I snapped a pic with my phone...it's not the best quality, and I will need help from the BF to get it to computer...but if you want the pic I will try to get it to you...
indeedinoditsistern
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:59 am Reply with quote
pittsyltucky wrote:
Indeed -- I will never in a million years forgive you for not catching up with us ya farragut... you need to make up yourself a t-shirt with that "pig-face" on it for the next show and DAMNITALL -- look us UP!!!

whatever...ever one of yall that rushed the sciota and made us friday peeple miss it....are goin on my 3 years of shunning list. its an amish technique

[unshun]
yeah i thank your onto somethin with the pig face tee. uuuuh & huh!!!
[reshun]

bopanic
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:32 pm Reply with quote
kentukblue wrote:
He then looked down at the white case that was holding his Larrivee guitar and said...."Im temped to get it out and show it to you right now

i saw him do that for you while i was talking to gil, and i thought to myself "what a cool fella he is" man, i told tuck and rodge that same thing on the way to louisville how willie just pulled out his guitar in the back alley of the ryman to give a quick lesson.

most artists aint that cool. im sure youll remember that for many years to come!
Chigger
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:40 pm Reply with quote
*Lucky No. 7* Joined: 30 Jul 2008 Posts: 1358 Location: McMinnville, Tennessee
Well, I finally got a chance to get on here for a few minutes. Great tales from everyone, now I finally got a few of my own!

I wanted to tell everyone what a great time I had meeting all ya'll. Bopanic, Rodge, Ruralvoice, 'Tucky, Gwrap- I'm sure I'm forgetting someone or other, but please forgive me, I was JACKED UP Friday nite!
You all sure made me feel at home and amongst friends.

Both nights were awesome. Thursday had me bringing 3 newbies to the show, including my dad. All were sincerely impressed, and a great time it was. As has been mentioned on this thread before, the first set was a bit slower than usual, but some really good material. It was just a bit weird sitting down during a show. Whenever I just had to stand up and shake it, the usherman would come and gripe at me like I was in kindergarten again... Things got right whenever I wasn't the ONLY one who couldn't stand to sit anymore! You can't "shush" a mob! Good fun. At that point I saw 'Tucky and Bo across the isle in the pit, but the perimeter was up and the guards in the shack wouldn't let me over there to see 'em.

Friday had me and the wife sitting 2nd row balcony, which was a whole different perspective from the Thurs. show. The entire place had a little different vibe, too. Best thing about it was I could see around me a bit better, which brought those Crowcaine shirts into focus! Went over and introduced myself to Rural, Bo, and Rodge, and man is it nice to put faces with names.

Carolina Chocolate Drops rocked the house that nite! They got everybody fired up. I'm definitely a new fan of those cats. I loved it when Dom got over to the side and started flippin' his steel around. That ain't easy!

When the boys came out, the show was on. Blistering tunes, both sets were super-high energy like old skool. I noticed during the first set that folks were all still sitting down again. Now come on, people! This is Old Crow on a Friday night packed house at the Ryman! Can't have that! The wife and I were up dancin' all alone. I looked to my left, and whaddya know, there's Bo in the next section, and he's the only one standing too.
It didn't take us too long to turn and get our sections pumped up and standing! Awesome night. I heard some songs I've never heard them do live, too. That was just a bonus!

After the show we went out back and met up with everyone, had a great time there getting to know everybody. My wife finally realized I had met some kindred souls on here when the introductions were complete! I got some good pictures of folks, too.

A small dream of mine was fulfilled when I got to talk to some of the boys. Man, they were just so nice and down to earth! You can't fake that, people! Wish I had been able to meet Kevin and Morgan, but that leaves me something else to hope for sometime in the future. (and no, I haven't forgotten Crit, but I did get to speak to him a couple of years back)

Alright, sorry I've been so long-winded! I just couldn't say it all in a few words! Laughing Wish I could've stayed and gone out to Mafioso's with everyone, but the car was in the Ryman garage and about to get locked up inside when we got to it. I'm making plans on it next time!

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Chigger wrote:
flippin' his steel around.

what is this "flippin his steel around" of which you speak? Shocked

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quote
*Lucky No. 7* Joined: 30 Jul 2008 Posts: 1358 Location: McMinnville, Tennessee
Hey Stu! Dom was playing a steel faced guitar. I'm not sure exactly what kind of guitar it was. I have heard similar-looking instruments referred to as a steel, resonator, dobro, etc., so someone more knowledgeable will have to clarify for me. Sorry to confuse!