old crow fans Forum Index

<  Off Topic  ~  Energy Dink Drinkers

m311ton
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 28 May 2007 Posts: 421 Location: Missouri
Calling all energy drink fanatics. I'm doing some research on energy drinks for a market research class in college, and am looking for people to answer a few questions about their drinking preferences. Anyone want to help fill out a short 5 minute survey for my academic research? (Only 20 questions!)

I'll send you a PM if you are willing to help. Also, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on energy drinks in general in this thread! Thanks yall!
Simon
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 04 Oct 2006 Posts: 508 Location: The Otherside
hahahahahaha Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I was just ..... energydrink in my glass!!
Jada
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Tearin' it Down Joined: 07 Jul 2008 Posts: 198 Location: Southern Illinois
Not sure if this at all relates to your research or is relevant to the subject, but I have had to give up my love of Redbull due to Bipolar Disorder, there seems to be a link between such things and induction of manic episodes. Send me a PM if this is relevant to your research, I'll be happy to help.

http://www.ramblingruralrecollections.blogspot.com/
therodge
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote
*Law Dog* Joined: 17 Oct 2004 Posts: 6602 Location: Nashville, Tennessee
send it to me man! Ive been drinking Dr.Enuf everyday for about 8 years now. It's the "original energy drink". I'm a fanatic!

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 07 Nov 2008 Posts: 107 Location: lawrenceburg, in
sure!

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quote
*Data Miner* Joined: 30 Jun 2007 Posts: 3427
If coffee and tea count, then please feel free to contact me.

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 17 Sep 2008 Posts: 570 Location: Jackson, Miss
you can send me one, it seems i'm hooked on them 5 hour energy drinks now adays... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

East and West the Highway Rolls, Lord Have Mercy on My Poor Soul!
trtle8819
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:35 am Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 332 Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
I've tried those 5 hour energy drinks. They just don't seem to do anything to me. I drink coffee daily, but that's mostly just habit...it does seem to wake me up a little...I tried NoDoz once in college so I could pull an all-nighter to finish my paper...and promptly went to sleep right in the common area of the dorm...(thank the lord for extensions and kind professors). But anyway...the three or four times i did take the 5 hour energy I didn't fall right to sleep, so I guess you could say they work a little bit. But I (and both of my siblings) just can not skip on sleep no matter what I do. When it's time for me to sleep, my body will force me to sleep...not much I can do about it...I'm also such a heavy sleeper there is no use in even trying to wake me once I've gone to sleep. I'm not allowed to keep the phone next to me while I sleep either...I tend to be able to have complete coherent conversations in my sleep and never remember them later...oh and I also text in my sleep...but I think I've gone off the subject here....my point was supposed to be that I don't drink energy drinks...
rlove3
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:45 pm Reply with quote
*Mr. Lehman* Joined: 26 Oct 2006 Posts: 1102 Location: Asheville, NC
send me one!

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:59 pm Reply with quote
trtle8819 wrote:
I've tried those 5 hour energy drinks. They just don't seem to do anything to me. I drink coffee daily, but that's mostly just habit...it does seem to wake me up a little...I tried NoDoz once in college so I could pull an all-nighter to finish my paper...and promptly went to sleep right in the common area of the dorm...(thank the lord for extensions and kind professors). But anyway...the three or four times i did take the 5 hour energy I didn't fall right to sleep, so I guess you could say they work a little bit. But I (and both of my siblings) just can not skip on sleep no matter what I do. When it's time for me to sleep, my body will force me to sleep...not much I can do about it...I'm also such a heavy sleeper there is no use in even trying to wake me once I've gone to sleep. I'm not allowed to keep the phone next to me while I sleep either...I tend to be able to have complete coherent conversations in my sleep and never remember them later...oh and I also text in my sleep...but I think I've gone off the subject here....my point was supposed to be that I don't drink energy drinks...

I don't know what it is but they give me such a boost. I also drink coffee every morning but its more or less an addiction now haha.

jason57chevy
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:19 am Reply with quote
Charlie Joined: 14 Jun 2008 Posts: 900 Location: Woodstock, Georgia
I do enjoy them from time ot time. I drink Jolt Cola. Red Bull and Jager.... MMM

m311ton
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:35 am Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 28 May 2007 Posts: 421 Location: Missouri
Thanks everybody for your enthusiasm in helping out an Old Crow friend! I knew I could count on you guys and gals Smile I sent emails or PMs about the survey. It should only take a couple minutes, and you can just fill it out and send it back to me. I sincerely appreciate your time! I'll post some of our findings here for those hardcore fans!

I'm a new energy drinker myself, actually started trying 'em when I was assigned this project in class. Now I'm almost hooked! Can't make a road trip without em!
foxontherun
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quote
*Call Me Foxxxy If'n Ya Nasty* Joined: 18 Dec 2004 Posts: 1079 Location: Lynchburg, VA USA
well here i aksed for one in PM and didnt even get one. i swannie.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:03 am Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 16 Jan 2006 Posts: 118 Location: Lake Guntersville, AL
Most energy drinks are bleh. I haven't tried Dr. Enuf yet.
catietoo
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Tearin' it Down Joined: 06 Dec 2006 Posts: 181 Location: Morristown, TN
I don't drink just because caffeine does weird things to me and most of the energy is supposed to come from B vitamins, but I have pernious (spelling?) anemia, so it does nothing for me. I have to main line the stuff!
pittsyltucky
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:03 pm Reply with quote
*Johnny* Joined: 15 Sep 2006 Posts: 4268 Location: Pigg River District, Pittsylvania County, Virginia
Rodge got me, well, i wouldn't say hooked, but drinking Dr. Enuf... It's pret-tay, pret-tay good.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 23 Oct 2007 Posts: 340 Location: Greeneville-East Tn
Been drinkin Dr Enuf since grade school. You won't find a store in greene county that doesn't carry it. We've even got a Enuf vending machine in the break room at work. It's bottled in Johnson City by Tri Cities bottling co. I've got several cool t-shirts off the Dr Enuf website. As much as I love it though I don't think it's ever had a ton of caffine in it to wire a person up any more than a sprite or mt dew. If I need a boost I'm partial too the NOS grape. It fires me up & still tastes ok. Mt Dew amp comes in 2nd.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 28 Aug 2006 Posts: 433 Location: A flatlandah in NH
catietoo wrote:
I don't drink just because caffeine does weird things to me and most of the energy is supposed to come from B vitamins, but I have pernious (spelling?) anemia, so it does nothing for me. I have to main line the stuff!

And I just found out that caffeine gives me an irregular heartbeat! Yay! Just when this thread comes out I find I have to give up caffeine completely. Y'all suck. :(

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:19 am Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 14 Nov 2006 Posts: 494 Location: Harrison, Ohio
I can help out your study, esp w/ the regurgitation of energy drinks when mixed with alcoholic beverages! Let me know if that can be of assistance.

pittsyltucky
Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:48 pm Reply with quote
*Johnny* Joined: 15 Sep 2006 Posts: 4268 Location: Pigg River District, Pittsylvania County, Virginia
TN Jim wrote:
It's bottled in Johnson City by Tri Cities bottling co. I've got several cool t-shirts off the Dr Enuf website.

Man, between the Dr. Enuf and Pal's, why in the world would anyone leave the Tri-Cities??? Hell, it's close enough to Virginny that i'd consider living there for a spell...

Speaking of "southern product" t-shirts - i was just about to order me a Moon Pie shirt...

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:10 pm Reply with quote
pittsyltucky wrote:
TN Jim wrote:
It's bottled in Johnson City by Tri Cities bottling co. I've got several cool t-shirts off the Dr Enuf website.

Man, between the Dr. Enuf and Pal's, why in the world would anyone leave the Tri-Cities??? Hell, it's close enough to Virginny that i'd consider living there for a spell...

Speaking of "southern product" t-shirts - i was just about to order me a Moon Pie shirt...

ahh my old moon pie shirt, if you can fit into a kids large tuck ill give my old one to ya haha

therodge
Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I hear ya man! I haven't been home in forever. Johnson City is a great place to be. Alot of fine folks out there, just not enough jobs. Can't wait to get back of the Land where I can just walk into any store and buy a Dr.Enuf or Cheerwine and go get some Frenchy Fries at Pal's. Shooo, ya got a boy lonesome for home!

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:20 pm Reply with quote
We gon' have to hit some Pal's on this run!!!!! Maybe run over from Boone to JC before heading down to Asheville???

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:33 am Reply with quote
yea, I definitely gotta cause I gotta pick up my sister for the Asheville show.

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:10 am Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 23 Oct 2007 Posts: 340 Location: Greeneville-East Tn
We've had a Pal's down here in greeneville for about 15 years too. Eat your hearts out! No joke on the dr enuf around here either. I still remember when I was in 9th grade, (about 15 years ago) and dr enuf switched from metal botttle caps to the plastic ones, back when they only came in the little short bottles. People around here thought that the end of time was near. Then they realized that if they were gentle enough when opening one & left a sliver of the plastic intact then it would serve as a cap holder. All was right in the world again. lol But the plastic bottles they came out with a couple years ago really do suck. Most places won't carry them.

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I could almost hurt someone for a Big Chicken from Pal's. We're lucky enough to be on the very west edge of where they are. I think ours if the furthest west you can go. It was definitly an education when I moved here.
pittsyltucky
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Mmmmmmm... BIG CHICKEN!!!! My mouth's a-waterin' now!!!

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Haha. Maybe I can take some orders and just hand it out before the Knoxville show! Wink
therodge
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Yea, Ive only seen those plastic bottled ones maybe twice. My favorites are the vintage 12oz bottles with the metal cap. They are the most consistent in taste. The small 10oz'ers are the ones I drink the most but those things can get really inconsistent in taste and carbonation. Ive pulled a muscle in my neck once before trying to open those things up too. I think they started screwing the lids on tighter to make sure the carbonation doesnt leak out, circa 2004. They just need to use a thicker rubber stopper thing in the lids instead of making it so tight you can't open the mug.

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:45 pm Reply with quote
*Garfunkled* Joined: 22 Jan 2008 Posts: 1524 Location: Hokes Bluff AL.
am i to understand there is an energy drank that what is called "big chicken"? cuz i searched for it and only came up with stuff like...oh cooking a chicken with energy drinks

here's some "dangers of" the drinks.

were all gona die!! Shocked