old crow fans Forum Index

<  Music  ~  OCMS Awareness in Milwaukee

m311ton
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:14 am Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 28 May 2007 Posts: 421 Location: Missouri
Recently I moved to Milwaukee, WI from Williamsburg, VA. It has been a bit of an adjustment, and I'm missing the Old Dominion pretty hard. But this morning I just liked Milwaukee a little more...

So I'm sitting at my desk on a quiet Friday morning, and somebody down the hall cranks up some music. "Is that what I think it is?" OCMS was playing in an office I would least expect to hear it from!

I wandered down the hall to find out who was playing the music. The guy said someone just told him about the band and he was giving them a listen. I shared my thoughts and realized as the music played more and more people were taking interest. So in just a few minutes, there are now multiple cubes with OCMS noobs rocking out to some fine music.

Now if only the band would come and play here for once, I could take all these people to a concert and really show 'em what OCMS is about...

Any other Milwaukee fans round here?
kg
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:54 am Reply with quote
*Data Miner* Joined: 30 Jun 2007 Posts: 3427
Well, there is me, though I'm out in the country a bit.

I'm still hopeful for a Madison or Milwaukee show. Doesn't the tour bus have to travel home down I-94 after the Prairie Home Companion gig?!

Last edited by kg on Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:32 am Reply with quote
Thousandaire Joined: 25 Sep 2008 Posts: 1018 Location: Madison, WI
I'm originally from Milwaukee... but live in DC now. OCMS played there on their Tennessee Pusher tour, so you aren't off their radar. I happen to know several OCMS fans in MKE!

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Tearin' it Down Joined: 17 Feb 2009 Posts: 192 Location: Michigan
kg wrote:
Well, there is me, though I'm out in the country a bit.

I'm still hopeful for a Madison or Milwaukee show. Doesn't the tour bus have to travel home down I-94 after the Prairie Home Companion gig?!

hope they make it back up midwest soon after prairie home!

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:01 am Reply with quote
Lil' Birdie Joined: 29 Apr 2009 Posts: 13 Location: Appleton, WI
Yeah, I'm a Huge fan. I'm in a folk/grass band from Appleton, Wi about hour and half away. Were called Copper Waggon String band. We play alot of older old crow songs, or renditions of songs.

I saw the boys here in Wi twice, and once in Boise, ID. I agree I really wish they would come up here more.

If anyone ever makes it up here, let me know. I'm sure we'll have a show going on. Come on up and check us out.