old crow fans Forum Index

<  Live  ~  Columbia, MO - 12/05/12

newfan
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:23 am Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 02 May 2007 Posts: 112
3 shows in Dec. & one is Missouri! Merry Christmas to me! They have never played this venue, always been booked at the Blue Note in the past. Movin' to the fancy side of town.

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:25 am Reply with quote
*Johnny* Joined: 15 Sep 2006 Posts: 4268 Location: Pigg River District, Pittsylvania County, Virginia
newfan wrote:
Movin' to the fancy side of town.

The mason jar chandeliers should have been your first clue.

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Carry Me Back
High Test
Flookie
Caroline
Bootlegger
Whiteface
Tobacco
Take Em
Mississippi
Mary
Humdinger
Indian/Ruckus
Good Gal
Meth
Fall On My Knees
Tear It
Genevieve
Hear Them All/This Land
Ain't It Enough
Wheel
Cocanie Habit (Intros)
Encore:
Tn Pusher
Country Gal
Cherokee
Quinn

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:13 pm Reply with quote
This show started out a bit different. Besides the Ryman, I have never been to a show with seating on the entire floor, so I had my concerns how this was going to play out. Chuck got a few gals to get up and dance, but orange shirted staff asked them to sit after a couple of minutes. A small group (15 or so) in our area were on our feet from the beginning for OC. By the 3rd song the area in front of stage filled up. Think the staff just gave up on their rules. Kevin must have been dehydrating, he came to the very front of the stage during Humdinger, bent down for some refreshment from a gal, she held the solo cup while he drank and he kept on playin'. Crowd loved it. Loved the guys coming to the very edge of the stage for some up close and personal jammin'. Great show, as always. Besides Wagon, I would say Cherokee Boogie was the crowd favorite. New (for me) screen print autographed poster for sale ($40). During intros ~ Critter Fuqua from Texas? college days, I suppose. Ketch did ask if Mizzou beat Kansas this year, guess he didn't realize we're out of that conference. Venue stopped serving drinks at 9, great marketing strategy, guess their goal is to not make money?