Ways of Man
I Hear them All / This Land is Your Land
Wagon Wheel
Cocaine Habit / Band Intros

Carolina in the Morning
Hard to Love
American Girl

Notes:
My wife and I brought our 3 year old daughter to the show, her first Old Crow concert (she had a blast), and she was on my shoulders for much of the night, so my notes may be slightly inaccurate.

The concert was part of the 7th annual First Flush Festival at Charleston Tea Plantation on Wadmalaw Island, just south of Charleston. Festival was an all day affair starting at 2 and going to 11 with the Old Crows closing things down. The guys were walking around the festival during the afternoon, and most people did not recognize them as usual... The Crows went own right around 9:30 and played one long set until 11.

Cory is back with the band after a stint in Jack White's band. Cory was playing mandolin, keyboards and drums throughout the show. The keyboards werent always that loud in the mix, but were most notable on Caroline. Cory played drums on Marys Kitchen, Humdinger and Not Fade Away. Ketch said they learned Not Fade Away backstage, and it was similiar to how the Grateful Dead did it in later years, with Ketch scatting bah bah bah bah bah.

A significant amount of people left after Wagon Wheel. I had been expecting Darius Rucker to show up (from Charleston, played in Savannah on Friday), and was thankful he did not.

Stage setup was left to right Chance, Ketch, Critter, Cory in the front row, with Kevin, Morgan and Gil in the back. Cory's keyboard was setup behind Chance, and the drums were in the back right corner behind Cory. I am not sure how I feel about either. I would like to hear the concert played back, but my phone is terrible at capturing audio, so...

I talked to the merchandise gal after buying the current tour poster ($40 autographed) and she said that Willie was probably joining Bob Dylan's band on acoustic guitar. Not sure if that was widely known or not, but I guess I will find out at Dylan's Atlanta festival tour stop...
The whistle knows my name
Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:22 am Reply with quote
Thousandaire Joined: 21 Apr 2008 Posts: 1143
Willie joining Dylan's band? What. Shocked

Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:06 pm Reply with quote
*Irish Stew* Joined: 03 Oct 2007 Posts: 3666 Location: Joe's Cornfield
In ter est ing Shocked

What was that old quote about Ketch wanting to be Bob Dylan and Willie wanting to be the Beatles?

Nice review and extra points for dropping a bombshell Very Happy

Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:48 pm Reply with quote
*Bloodshot Hot Rod* Joined: 02 Jul 2008 Posts: 1358 Location: Beneath Pacheco Pass
GumboStu wrote:

Nice review and extra points for dropping a bombshell Very Happy

X2
therodge
Posted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:06 pm Reply with quote
*Law Dog* Joined: 17 Oct 2004 Posts: 6602 Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Man, if that is true....!