old crow fans Forum Index

<  Willie Watson  ~  KC 10/3

krazykarl
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 12 Dec 2004 Posts: 516
Willie brought his wonderful voice and soul to the stage tonight. Hearing him sing live again was wonderful. His voice is why I fell in love with OCMS. His stage presence is wonderful. When he starts moving on stage, the music almost flows out of him.
Here is a setlist as best I can give:
Hice Dice
Hills of mexico
Keep it clean, a fun song with spelling of words and something to do with lemon
soda and soft serve ice cream
Long jon dean old bank robber from bowling green
A crowd sing a long, bet on stu and you might win
rock salt and nails
fair girl from the high country Birmingham mill?
on the road again
poor man-he said I have more time than I thought and he threw this in
dry bones
midnight special

My only complaint I wanted more. He brought it. Didn't stay for the main act, he sound checked cc rider so I am assuming that showed up somewhere later tonight.
LucyStag
Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:39 pm Reply with quote
*Cruel Lucille* Joined: 20 Mar 2008 Posts: 1022 Location: Dunno
Nice list. Thanks for sharing.

I impatiently wait for Willie to come my way, so I can plot murder of the folks who invariably won't shut up.

How was the crowd response?

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:14 am Reply with quote
Old Crow Joined: 12 Dec 2004 Posts: 516
There was no mention of him playing anywhere, in fact when I called the day before the venue told me he wasn't playing, Just Sara J...I told them I was pretty sure he was opening. The crowd was there for Sara, but they got into it, cheering and singing on the sing a long and loud woops and yells between songs. Again it was great to hear him sing.
newfan
Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 02 May 2007 Posts: 112
So glad I was able to see Willie while he was in town last weekend. Set list was similar to the one posted above, although he played CC Rider after mentioning that he used to the in this band, and he had to play what the band wanted, not what he wanted ~ which earned him a chuckle or two. The fans, although small in number, were serious die-hard followers. The only sound heard was some fine music from the stage, and it was beautiful. I've seen so many videos full of rude, unappreciative idiots - but not at Knuckleheads. Everyone appreciated the true artist at work. He did mention his album will release in early May, the 6th I believe. I read that he was in town for a folk event in downtown KC on Saturday. I would recommend catching his show if he comes your way. Totally different atmosphere when compared to an OCMS show, of course, but perfect for a Sunday night!