old crow fans Forum Index

<  Music  ~  Who is actually in the band now?

TAlderson
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Raisin' a Ruckus Joined: 08 Aug 2008 Posts: 126 Location: Worcester, MA
So, I haven't been paying as close attention to the band recently, in large part because I'm just not a huge fan of a lot of their newer stuff. The last show I saw was during their Blonde On Blonde tour, which featured a largely recognizable band. Seeing some videos of the recent show with Willie, though, I realized that I don't seem to know who is in the band anymore!

I know that Critter and Kevin left, and it looks like Morgan is still there, as is Cory Younts. What's the background on the other guys, though? And is it essentially the Keetch Secor Show at this point? Have the live shows been largely the same as the years prior (obviously not recently!)?

I don't want this to come across as a complaint, I'm genuinely curious as to who these guys ar and what the direction of the band has been. I'll still probably try to catch them live the next time they come through!
The whistle knows my name
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Thousandaire Joined: 21 Apr 2008 Posts: 1143
Yep, the current longstanding members are Ketch, Cory, and Morgan. The newer members are Joe Andrews, Robert Price and Jerry Pentecost. Willie's performance with them seems to be a one-off, but here's hoping.

Joe Andrews was formerly the band's instrumental tech, and from what I know has been playing intermittently with the band since 2017 and became a full member in 2018. Robert Price also started out as a tech for the band in 2016, and it seems like he's been playing intermittently with them since at least 2017, and inducted as a full member in 2020. I'm not sure who their current tech is, but seems like a good way to get an inroads as a band member!

Jerry Pentecost is a percussionist who has been on the Americana circuit since around 2017, started playing with the band in 2019 and also seems to have been inducted as an full member in 2020.

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone have info on the latest band member change?

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:18 pm Reply with quote
*Law Dog* Joined: 17 Oct 2004 Posts: 6602 Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Nerp. Revolving door over there. Wonder how they sound

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Should know by the end of May, looking at their touring schedule

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:04 pm Reply with quote
*Law Dog* Joined: 17 Oct 2004 Posts: 6602 Location: Nashville, Tennessee
The younger guy was on American Idol, so I’ve been told Rolling Eyes